28 Nov Advanced Diploma in Hospitality
Working in the hospitality industry is fun, fast-paced, and rewarding. Hospitality jobs are diverse and varied and can take you anywhere in the world. Some people even go on to start their own restaurants and bars.
Gaining the knowledge and skills you need to be successful in the hospitality industry in a formal setting can enhance your marketability and allow you to access great career opportunities with some of the world’s biggest brands.
This qualification provides the knowledge, skills and experiences that people who operate at a senior level in the hospitality industry would be expected to have. It is ideally suited to individuals who have a significant amount of experience in hospitality, strong industry knowledge and an advanced managerial skillset. Individuals of this nature will be capable of making effective strategic decisions and of leading teams to deliver real results.
The qualification is a recognised as part of the Australian Apprenticeship pathway
This qualification will provide students with the skills, knowledge and experience they need to operate effectively as senior managers in the hospitality industry, be it within a large hotel chain or a small business.
Potential job roles include:
- Café, restaurant or bar owner or manager
- Food and beverage manager
- Secretary or manager of a club
- Area manager or operations manager for a hospitality chain
- Executive chef, head chef or executive sous chef
- Motel or hotel owner or manager
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/Credit Transfer
If you have completed prior learning or gained practical experience in relevant business areas, you may be eligible for credits for some modules of this diploma. You may also be eligible to transfer credits for any relevant units that you have previously completed at an Australian Registered Training Organisation.
Ready to start?
To be accepted onto the SIT60307 – Advanced Diploma of Hospitality, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Aged 18 and above.
- Good written communication skills and the ability to understand unfamiliar written material.
- Successfully completed up to a minimum of year 10 of secondary school, unless you are a mature student.
- A pass score on the Language, Literacy and Numeracy test (LLN)
- A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate and Working with Children Check.
- The ability to use a computer and access to a computer that is connected to the Internet (blended learning students).
What are you waiting for? Contact Us today. Free call: 1800 765 295. Not what you’re after? See all our qualifications: www.qualifyme.edu.au/qualifications .