29 Aug Certificate II in Nail Technology
Get the qualification you deserve for the years of hands on experience. All those hands that you’ve decorated have got to be worth something right? Well the good news is that they are.
You can turn your years of on the job experience into a nationally recognised qualification, in this case a Certificate II in Nail Technology. There are no classrooms or study required, it simply converts your experience into a qualification. To top it off, if you do have some gaps, then you will be able to sit with an assessor one on one and get the private face to face training you need.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who are competent in interacting with customers, providing manicure and pedicare services, applying acrylic or gel nail enhancement, and applying nail art. Work would be undertaken in the nail technology stream of the beauty industry. This qualification is designed to reflect the role of persons who perform a prescribed range of functions, involving known routines and procedures and with some accountability for the quality of outcomes.
1. Free Skills Assessment
You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than one years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.
2. Evidence Portfolio
- Valid Identification
- Resume: We need your resume showing details of your work history, job description including your duties and places you worked in.
- List showing relevant employment history
- Letter of employment
- Reference letters: get a reference letter from your current & past employers detailing your job title, your duties, how long you worked there and any special skills you have.
- Certificates/ transcripts from formal training
- Other evidence: it’s a good idea to include any other documents as evidence.
3. Skills Check
- You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
- The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
- Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college.
A nail technician is a beauty specialist who is responsible for the grooming and appearance of a client’s fingernails and toenails. He or she provides manicures, pedicures, nail shaping, cuticle grooming, callus removal, synthetic nail treatments, and application of nail polish for their clients.
Upon successful completion of this RPL Program you will be awarded a nationally recognised qualification in:
Certificate II in Nail Technology
Certificate III in Beauty Services
Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy
Diploma of Salon Management
Diploma of Beauty Therapy
Can I apply?
This RPL and skills recognition program is available to those with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.