25 Jul RPL Certificate III in Hairdressing
This qualification reflects the role of hairdressers who use a range of well-developed sales, consultation and technical skills and knowledge to provide a broad range of hairdressing services to clients. They use discretion and judgement to provide client services and take responsibility for the outcomes of their own work
1. Free Skills Assessment
You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 2 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.
2. Evidence Portfolio
- Valid Identification
- Resume: We need your resume showing details of your work history, job description including your duties and places you worked in.
- List showing relevant employment history
- Letter of employment
- Reference letters: get a reference letter from your current & past employers detailing your job title, your duties, how long you worked there and any special skills you have. Reference letters should show approximately four (4) years experience (in total).
- Certificates/ transcripts from formal training
- Other evidence: it’s a good idea to include any other documents as evidence.
3. Skills Check
- You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
- The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
- Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!
- Provides customers with barbering services: Cuts, shapes, trims, and tapers hair, using clippers, comb, blow-out gun, and scissors.
- Applies lather and shaves beard or shapes hair contour on temple and neck, using razor.
- Performs other tonsorial services, such as applying hairdressings or lotions, dyeing, shampooing, singeing, or styling hair, and massaging face, neck, or scalp.
- Ensure that all combs and scissors are cleaned and sanitized after use
- Records service charge on ticket or receives payment.
- Cleans work area and work tools.
- Orders supplies.
Hairstylists provide a range of haircare services as part of a routine session, including shampooing, cutting, coloring, styling, and blow-drying. Their daily responsibilities are extensive, and often include the following tasks:
- Advising clients on their haircare needs
- Creating hair styles for formal events
- Analyzing clients’ hair, facial features, and needs, and determining/recommending beauty treatments
- Styling and dressing hairpieces, extensions, and wigs
- Maintaining an appointment calendar through scheduling
- Demonstrating and selling styling products
- Learning and perfecting new styles and techniques
- Maintaining and updating client records
- Shaving and trimming beards and mustaches, and sideburns
- Waxing eyebrows and facial hair
- Trimming, cutting, and shaving hair using clippers, scissors, trimmers, and razors
- Maintaining work stations and sanitizing tools and equipment
- Applying chemical setting, straightening, or curling solutions
- Using curlers, rollers, hot irons, and curling irons
- Applying hair color, dye, and tints
- Administering therapeutic scalp and hair treatments
- Performing scalp, neck, and face massages
- Applying hot towel treatments
The position of hairdresser consists of providing beauty services, such as shampooing, cutting, coloring, and styling hair and massaging and treating scalp.
A hairdresser must have a common hair stylist job skills as follows:
- Thorough knowledge of hair styles, hair care products and related procedures
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Physical mobility, able to stand for prolonged periods of time
Upon successful completion of this RPL Program you will be awarded a nationally recognised qualification in:
Certificate III in Hairdressing
Diploma of Hairdressing and Salon Management
Can I apply?
This RPL and skills recognition program is available to those with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.