29 Aug Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Practice
This qualification covers workers who work as basic level massage therapists. It provides skills in therapeutic relaxation massage including basic health assessment and treatment and may be used by people working within a clinic, or in their own clinic, in an aged care facility, in a health service, in a spa facility, or in a palliative care facility or hospital.
You can use this qualification to:
Be able to consider career options that earn a healthy income in a short time frame and look at opportunities to further education in massage therapy practice.
1. Free Skills Assessment
You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 2 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.
2. Evidence Portfolio
- Valid Identification
- Resume: We need your resume showing details of your work history, job description including your duties and places you worked in.
- List showing relevant employment history
- Letter of employment
- Reference letters: get a reference letter from your current & past employers detailing your job title, your duties, how long you worked there and any special skills you have.
- Certificates/ transcripts from formal training
- Other evidence: it’s a good idea to include any other documents as evidence.
3. Skills Check
- You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
- You will also be required to perform a practical at one of our partner RTOs campuses or you may be allowed to provide further video evidence (at the qualified assessors discretion)
- Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner Registered Training Organisation.
Massage therapists treat clients by using touch to manipulate the muscles and other soft tissues of the body. With their touch, therapists relieve pain, help heal injuries, improve circulation, relieve stress, increase relaxation, and aid in the general wellness of clients.
Assistant massage therapist
Assist Massage therapists with treating clients by using touch to manipulate the muscles and other soft tissues of the body. With their touch, therapists relieve pain, help heal injuries, improve circulation, relieve stress, increase relaxation, and aid in the general wellness of clients.
Massage therapy practitioner
Upon successful completion of this RPL Program you will be awarded a nationally recognised qualification in:
Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Practice
Diploma of Remedial Massage
Can I apply?
This RPL and skills recognition program is available to those with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.