04 Aug Construction of Private Bushfire Shelters Licence
If you have a wide range of experience in the fabrication, construction and installation of on-site built or prefabricated private bushfire shelters but haven’t completed your qualification for whatever reason, than you’re in the right place. Getting your trade skills recognised is simple, fast and headache free! We will help you attain the right units you need for a Nationally Recognised Units and Contractor’s licence.
1. Free Skills Assessment
You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 3 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.
2. Evidence Portfolio
- valid Identification
- list showing relevant employment history
- work samples and documents (such as plans, surveys, contracts, tender documents, invoices, variation contracts, hand over document’s, minor/major work documents etc)
- letter of employment
- reference letters from licensed tradesmen in your industry
- photos and videos of your work covering the various stages of non-habitable building structures. Include some of you wearing your PPE gear.
- overseas qualifications
- Proof of purchases such as invoices, purchase orders or receipts relating to work purchases
- related licenses, short courses, accreditation, certificates, transcripts or assessments you have attained
- Apprenticeship papers (if available)
- Any other evidence
3. Skills Check
- You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
- The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
- Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!
Upon successful completion of Construction of Private Bushfore Shelters RPL Program you will be awarded Nationally Recognised Qualifications in:
- CPC30316 Certificate III in Carpentry
VBA Domestic restricted licence: Construction of Private Bushfire Shelters
Scope of Work
This component of domestic building work is limited to the construction of private bushfire shelters for homes. It involves the fabrication, construction and installation of on-site built or prefabricated private bushfire shelters.
There is no qualification specified for this licence, however can be gathered that holding the following Statement of Attainments will aid your application for a Construction of Private Bushfire Shelters.
If you have successfully completed the following qualification, you will satisfy some of the technical knowledge required for Construction of Private Bushfire Shelters:
• CPC30316 Certificate III in Carpentry
You must have capacity to carry out, manage or arrange the following activities in a competent manner and to a professional standard:
- setting out a site, including establishing levels for excavations and finished surfaces
- undertaking bulk excavation and excavation for footings
- placing and fixing steel reinforcement
- preparing a new footing system
- installing drainage
- installing formwork/boxing to edges to define the shelter perimeter and shape
- installing propping of an overhead platform
- placing and finishing concrete or other material used to form the required shape
- retaining scaffolding, propping and forming
- installing prefabricated units (liners) on a prepared sub-base, including packing and levelling
- completing ancillary pipework for drainage/overflow
- completing waterproofing
- completing work associated with the provision of services
- installing sundry equipment such as steps and handrails
- completing finishing work, including hanging of fire rated doors
- completing associated landscaping works such as paving, retaining walls/structures and steps.
Accessed 4/8/2016 from : VBA Domestic Building Licence (limited)
Can I apply?
This RPL and trade skills recognition program is available to tradesmen with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.