04 Aug Construction of Swimming Pools and Spas Licence
If you have a wide range of experience in construction of swimming pools and spas for homes and structural landscaping works associated with the construction of swimming pools and spas but haven’t completed your qualification for whatever reason, than you’re in the right place. Getting your trade skills recognised is simple, fast and headache free! We will help you attain the right units you need for a Nationally Recognised Units and Contractor’s licence.
1. Free Skills Assessment
You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 3 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.
2. Evidence Portfolio
- valid Identification
- list showing relevant employment history
- work samples and documents (such as plans, surveys, contracts, tender documents, invoices, variation contracts, hand over document’s, minor/major work documents etc)
- letter of employment
- reference letters from licensed tradesmen in your industry
- photos and videos of your work covering the various stages of non-habitable building structures. Include some of you wearing your PPE gear.
- overseas qualifications
- Proof of purchases such as invoices, purchase orders or receipts relating to work purchases
- related licenses, short courses, accreditation, certificates, transcripts or assessments you have attained
- Apprenticeship papers (if available)
- Any other evidence
3. Skills Check
- You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
- The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
- Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!
Upon successful completion of Construction of Swimming Pools and Spa RPL Program you will be awarded Nationally Recognised Qualifications in:
- CPC40808 Certificate IV in Swimming Pool and Spa Building
VBA Domestic restricted licence: Construction of Swimming Pools and Spas
Scope of Work
This component of domestic building work is limited to the construction of swimming pools and spas for homes and structural landscaping works associated with the construction of swimming pools and spas. It involves the construction of any structure containing water to a depth greater than 300 mm and used primarily for swimming, wading, paddling or the like, including a bathing or wading pool or spa pool. It includes the construction of appropriate safety barriers.
There is no qualification specified for this licence, however can be gathered that holding the following Statement of Attainments will aid your application for a Construction of Swimming Pools and Spas.
If you have successfully completed the following qualification, you will satisfy some of the technical knowledge required for Construction of Swimming Pools and Spas work:
• CPC40808 Certificate IV in Swimming Pool and Spa Building
You must have capacity to carry out, manage or arrange the following activities in a competent manner and to a professional standard:
- installing safety fencing for construction works
- undertaking required protection works, including preparation and shoring works, and accounting for risks posed by proximity to boundary and easements
- establishing set-out levels and finish levels
- conducting earthworks and drainage requirements
- placing and fixing reinforcements
- constructing formwork
- placing and finishing concrete, bedding sand or other materials to provide a shape or form for a swimming pool or spa (not fibreglass)
- installing ancillary plumbing pipework associated with a swimming pool or spa, including general filtration,solar heating, basic hydraulics and structural landscaping works associated with the construction of swimming pools and spas
- constructing swimming pool and spa safety barriers
- undertaking paving, tiling, painting, coping and pool finishes associated with the construction of swimming pool and spa
- designing and installing ancillary pool systems (including, but not limited to, solar, filtration and hydraulics)
- installing pool accessories, including pool heating systems.
Accessed 4/8/2016 from : VBA Domestic Builder Swimming pools and spas
Contractors Licence: Swimming pool building
Scope of Work
Swimming pool building work involves the construction, renovation, alteration, repair, extension, maintenance, decorative or protective treatment of a swimming pool. It includes all other works directly associated with a swimming pool installation such as landscaping, safety fencing, pool water filtration and heating.
Completion of CPC40808 Certificate IV In Swimming Pool and Spa Building
Accessed 4/8/2016 from : NSW Fair Trading Swimming pool building contractor’s licence
Can I apply?
This RPL and trade skills recognition program is available to tradesmen with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.