05 Aug Footings and Slabs Licence
If you have a wide range of experience in footings and slabs work involving selection and placement of appropriate footing systems according to the site, soil classifications and the type of proposed construction but haven’t completed your qualification for whatever reason, than you’re in the right place. Getting your trade skills recognised is simple, fast and headache free! We will help you attain the right units you need for a Nationally Recognised Units and Contractor’s licence.
1. Free Skills Assessment
You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 3 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.
2. Evidence Portfolio
- valid Identification
- list showing relevant employment history
- work samples and documents (such as plans, surveys, contracts, tender documents, invoices, variation contracts, hand over document’s, minor/major work documents etc)
- letter of employment
- reference letters from licensed tradesmen in your industry
- photos and videos of your work covering the various stages of non-habitable building structures. Include some of you wearing your PPE gear.
- overseas qualifications
- Proof of purchases such as invoices, purchase orders or receipts relating to work purchases
- related licenses, short courses, accreditation, certificates, transcripts or assessments you have attained
- Apprenticeship papers (if available)
- Any other evidence
3. Skills Check
- You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
- The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
- Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!
Upon successful completion of Footings and Slabs RPL Program you will be awarded Nationally Recognised Qualifications in:
- CPC30313 Certificate III in Concreting
VBA Domestic restricted licence: Footings and Slabs
Scope of Work
This component of domestic building work is limited to footings and slab work for homes and associated class 10 structures. It involves the selection and placement of appropriate footing systems according to the site, soil classifications and the type of proposed construction. It includes:
- the construction and installation of all types of reinforced/bulk concrete footing and structural elements for buildings
- any site works, work required to gain access to the site, and the removal of any impediments to access the site
- underpinning work to level and support existing structures by ensuring they have solid foundations
- formwork ‒ that is, the surface of the form and framing used to contain and shape wet concrete until it is self-supporting. Formwork includes the forms on or within which the concrete is poured, and the frames and bracing that provide stability.
- falsework ‒ that is, the temporary structure used to support a permanent structure, material, plant, equipment and people until the construction of the permanent structure has advanced to being self-supporting.
Footings and slabs are required to transfer the load from a building to its foundation. They include, but are not limited to: concrete raft slabs, waffle pod slabs, strip footings, pad footings, supported slabs, suspended slabs, columns, beams, staircases, landings and retaining walls.
There is no qualification specified for this licence, however can be gathered that holding the following Statement of Attainments will aid your application for a Footings and Slabs.
If you have successfully completed the following qualification, you will satisfy some of the technical knowledge required for Footings and Slabs work:
CPC30313 Certificate III in Concreting, including the following units of competency:
- CPCCCA2003A Erect and dismantle formwork for footings and slabs on ground
- CPCCSF2004A Place and fix reinforcement materials
- CPCCCA3019A Erect and dismantle formwork to suspended slabs, columns, beams and walls
- CPCCCO3055A Install topping slabs
- CPCCCO3041A Place concrete
- CPCCCO3042A Finish concrete
- CPCCCO3043A Cure concrete
- RIICFW301D Construct underpinning.
You must have capacity to carry out, manage or arrange the following activities in a competent manner and to a professional standard:
- interpreting plans, drawings and specifications, including architectural and engineering specifications
- assessing a soil report and preparing foundations and footings according to geotechnical and associated drawings
- establishing set-out levels and finished floor levels
- undertaking site works and work required to gain access to the site or to remove any impediments to access to the site
- erecting and dismantling the required formwork for footings and slabs, and for suspended slabs
- constructing footing slabs (which are concrete floors supported on the ground with a separate poured edge strip footing)
- constructing slabs, footings, piers and pile systems, and related retention works
- constructing slab on the ground (being concrete floors supported on the ground and incorporating integral edge and internal beams)
- installing bonded and unbonded topping slabs to existing concrete
- undertaking advanced slab systems work such as post-tensioned and pre-tensioned slabs, and suspended floor slabs, including construction relating to: the integration of services to slab, penetrations, thermal properties and acoustic properties, adherence to fire provisions, permanent formwork, floors with penetration for lift.
- installing/applying a moisture barrier
- erecting, altering and dismantling the formwork for stairs and ramps
- erecting, altering and dismantling the formwork for suspended slabs, columns, beams and walls
Accessed 5/8/2016 from : VBA Domestic Builder footings and slabs
Can I apply?
This RPL and trade skills recognition program is available to tradesmen with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.