05 Aug Framing Licence
If you have a wide range of experience in fabricating, erecting and bracing wall frames, which can include load bearing and non-load bearing wall frames but haven’t completed your qualification for whatever reason, than you’re in the right place. Getting your trade skills recognised is simple, fast and headache free! We will help you attain the right units you need for a Nationally Recognised Units and Contractor’s licence.
1. Free Skills Assessment
You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 3 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.
2. Evidence Portfolio
- valid Identification
- list showing relevant employment history
- work samples and documents (such as plans, surveys, contracts, tender documents, invoices, variation contracts, hand over document’s, minor/major work documents etc)
- letter of employment
- reference letters from licensed tradesmen in your industry
- photos and videos of your work covering the various stages of non-habitable building structures. Include some of you wearing your PPE gear.
- overseas qualifications
- Proof of purchases such as invoices, purchase orders or receipts relating to work purchases
- related licenses, short courses, accreditation, certificates, transcripts or assessments you have attained
- Apprenticeship papers (if available)
- Any other evidence
3. Skills Check
- You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
- The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
- Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!
Upon successful completion of Framing RPL Program you will be awarded Nationally Recognised Qualifications in:
- CPC30316 Certificate III in Carpentry
VBA Domestic restricted licence: Door and Window Replacement/Installation
Scope of Work
This component of domestic building work is limited to framing for homes and associated class 10 structures. It involves fabricating, erecting and bracing wall frames, which can include load bearing and non-load bearing wall frames. It includes the erection and replacement of roof trusses.
Framing is constructed for the main elements of all buildings: the floors, walls, ceilings and roofs. It is a stage of construction work that provides the structural integrity of a building and is present in all residential dwellings. It is typically referred to as lightweight framing, and involves the use of timber or lightweight metal, and the installation of fabricated steel elements
There is no qualification specified for this licence, however can be gathered that holding the following Statement of Attainments will aid your application for a Framing.
If you have successfully completed the following qualification, you will satisfy some of the technical knowledge required for Framing work:
CPC30316 Certificate III in Carpentry, including the following units of competency:
- CPCCCA3004 Construct and erect frames
- CPCCCA3005 Construct ceiling frames, and pitched and flat roofs
- CPCCCA3006 Erect roof trusses.
You must have capacity to carry out, manage or arrange the following activities in a competent manner and to a professional standard:
- undertaking all required planning and preparation for works, including setting out, marking, measuring, cutting and fabricating timber and metal wall frames
- connecting and bracing frames according to design specifications
- preparing, fabricating and installing framing support work associated with glazing
- constructing and erecting timber and metal wall framing and roof structures
- constructing and installing subfloor framing, including bearers, joists and stumps
- installing window and door frames
- erecting ceilings
- erecting sub floor framing
- installing sheet flooring
- placing roof trusses
- assembling and erecting partition frames.
Accessed 5/8/2016 from : VBA Domestic Builder Framing
Can I apply?
This RPL and trade skills recognition program is available to tradesmen with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.