05 Aug Glazing Licence
If you have a wide range of experience in the installation of glass, acrylic or other like materials in prepared openings, such as windows, door panels, screens, fences, balustrades or partitions but haven’t completed your qualification for whatever reason, than you’re in the right place. Getting your trade skills recognised is simple, fast and headache free! We will help you attain the right units you need for a Nationally Recognised Units and Contractor’s licence.
1. Free Skills Assessment
You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 3 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.
2. Evidence Portfolio
- valid Identification
- list showing relevant employment history
- work samples and documents (such as plans, surveys, contracts, tender documents, invoices, variation contracts, hand over document’s, minor/major work documents etc)
- letter of employment
- reference letters from licensed tradesmen in your industry
- photos and videos of your work covering the various stages of non-habitable building structures. Include some of you wearing your PPE gear.
- overseas qualifications
- Proof of purchases such as invoices, purchase orders or receipts relating to work purchases
- related licenses, short courses, accreditation, certificates, transcripts or assessments you have attained
- Apprenticeship papers (if available)
- Any other evidence
3. Skills Check
- You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
- The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
- Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!
Upon successful completion of Glazing RPL Program you will be awarded Nationally Recognised Qualifications in:
- MSF30413 Certificate III in in Glass and Glazing
VBA Domestic restricted licence: Glass and Glazing
Scope of Work
This component of domestic building work is limited glazing work for homes and associated class 10 buildings. It involves the installation of glass, acrylic or other like materials in prepared openings, such as windows, door panels, screens, fences, balustrades or partitions.
The work includes:
- the glazing and reglazing of buildings
- the fabrication and installation of windows, doors, mirrors, security screens and shower screens in buildings
- the fabrication, installation and reglazing of windows, doors, toughened glass assemblies, aluminium glazing systems, curtain walling systems, balustrading and watertight glazing
- the fabrication, installation and reglazing of architectural engineered glazing, including suspended and overhead glazing and structural balustrading
- the construction and repair of leadlight panels
- the application of film patterns and designs to glass
- the preparation, fabrication and installation of framing support work associated with glazing.
There is no qualification specified for this licence, however can be gathered that holding the following Statement of Attainments will aid your application for a Glazing.
If you have successfully completed the following qualification, you will satisfy some of the technical knowledge required for Glazing work:
- MSF30413 Certificate III in in Glass and Glazing.
You must have capacity to carry out, manage or arrange the following activities in a competent manner and to a professional standard:
- glazing and re-glazing windows and doors
- installing shower screens and wardrobe doors
- installing glazing
- preparing and installing architectural engineered glazing
- conducting structural re-glazing
- preparing and installing mirrors and glass splashbacks.
Accessed 5/8/2016 from : VBA Domestic Builder Glazing
Can I apply?
This RPL and trade skills recognition program is available to tradesmen with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.