11 Aug RPL Diploma of Beauty Therapy
This qualification reflects the role of individuals employed as beauty therapists to provide a broad range of beauty therapy treatments and services including facial treatments, body massage and treatments, hair removal, lash and brow treatments, nail and make-up services. This includes consultation with clients to provide beauty advice, recommend beauty treatments and services, and sell retail skin-care and cosmetic products.
Their work involves the self-directed application of knowledge and skills with substantial depth in some areas where judgement is required in planning and selecting appropriate equipment, services and techniques.
Work is typically conducted in beauty salons and spas
1. Free Skills Assessment
You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 2 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.
2. Evidence Portfolio
- Valid Identification
- Resume: We need your resume showing details of your work history, job description including your duties and places you worked in.
- List showing relevant employment history
- Letter of employment
- Reference letters: get a reference letter from your current & past employers detailing your job title, your duties, how long you worked there and any special skills you have. Reference letters should show approximately four (3) years experience (in total).
- Certificates/ transcripts from formal training
- Other evidence: it’s a good idea to include any other documents as evidence.
3. Skills Check
- You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
- The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
- Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!
Senior Beauty Therapist
Beauty therapists undertake a range of therapeutic facial and body care treatments and aim to improve their clients’ appearance and well-being. Their skills are required by both women and men. They apply and sell make-up, skincare and other cosmetic products, treat skin conditions and provide beauty treatments such as massage, facials, manicures and pedicures, waxing and spa therapy. They may also undertake some administrative work and should keep records of clients’ treatments.
Beauty Therapists may perform a variety of different tasks in the course of a working day, including:
- Conducting skin analysis and advising clients on skin and body care.
- Performing facial or body massage and treatments, including spa therapy, reflexology and aromatherapy.
- Removing facial or body hair through waxing or electrolysis.
- Lash and brow treatments.
- Applying make-up and advising clients on make-up application techniques.
- Performing manicures and pedicures.
- Making appointments, maintaining client records and handling financial transactions.
- Selling and providing advice on cosmetic and skin care products.
Upon successful completion of this RPL Program you will be awarded a nationally recognised qualification in:
Diploma of Beauty Therapy
Bachelor of Health Science
Can I apply?
This RPL and skills recognition program is available to those with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.