Thermostatic Mixing Valves Course

11 Jul Thermostatic Mixing Valves Course

This Thermostatic Mixing Valves course will cover all aspects of the nationally recognised unit Commission and maintain hot and heated water temperature control devices and is designed to suit qualified plumbers of all levels of experience. It encompasses a range of topics including safe work procedures, preparation for work, identification of testing and commissioning requirements, physical testing and commissioning of devices, hot water tempering valves, maintenance of devices and completion of work finalisation processes.

Course Details

Thermostatic Mixing Valves TMV – Materials, Design & Performance
Understanding minimum requirements as per AS 4032.1—2015

Tempering Valves & End Of Line Actuated Devices
Requirements for the design, construction, testing and performance of:
tempering valves of nominal sizes not larger than DN 32; and
end-of-line temperature-actuated devices of nominal size not larger than DN 25, for use with heated water at—

  • continuous operating temperature not exceeding 85°C;
  • temperature under emergency conditions, not exceeding 99°C; and
  • continuous working pressure not exceeding 1400 kPa.
    As per AS 4032.2—2005 (Incorporating Amendment No. 1)

Requirements For Field Testing, Maintenance Or Replacement Of Thermostatic Mixing Valves, Tempering Valves & End-Of-Line Temperature Control Devices
Operational checking (which may include measurements) to ascertain the level of performance of minimum requirements for field-testing and maintenance/replacement of thermostatic mixing valves, tempering valves and end-of-line temperature-actuated devices.


Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded a Statement of Attainment in:

CPCPWT4023A – Commission and maintain hot and heated water temperature control devices

Note: This is unit is an industry endorsed ‘Accreditation’ and does not have a licensing outcome.

Can I apply?

In order to attend this short course you must hold a:

  • Certificate III in Plumbing; or
  • Certificate IV in Plumbing; or
  • State endorsed contractors licence as a Plumber

Ready to start?

What are you waiting for? Contact Us today. Free call: 1800 765 295
No Comments

Post A Comment

Not what you're after? See all our qualifications:

This qualification is provided by our partner RTO. For more details click here.

Let's Get You Started