10 Apr BSB51415 – Diploma of Project Management
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply project management skills and knowledge. They may manage projects in a variety of contexts, across a number of industry sectors. They have project leadership and management roles and are responsible for achieving project objectives. They possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and use a range of specialised, technical and managerial competencies to initiate, plan, execute and evaluate their own work and/or the work of others.
Entry Requirements & Pre-Requisites
- There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
- Credit (or recognition) for modules/units may be granted based on previous learning, studies, work and/or life experiences. Please discuss this with the teaching section when you enrol.
- Students need to be at least 18 years of age
- Students must have sufficient literacy and language English skills and may be required to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment prior to undertaking training to ensure they have the required skills to undertake training at this level
- For online delivery you will require access to a computer, internet connection and email, appropriate software (Microsoft Word and Excel or similar) and range of commonly used business equipment (photocopier, faxes, binder, telephone, answering machine)
- You may be required to access an actual workplace or simulated environment to under some assessment tasks depending on the elective units selected
For additional information regarding the specific units listed please visit www.training.gov.au (Diploma of Project Management).
This qualification has 8 core units combined with 4 electives, you will be required to complete a total of 12 units.
- BSBPMG511 – Manage project scope
- BSBPMG512 – Manage project time
- BSBPMG513 – Manage project quality
- BSBPMG514 – Manage project cost
- BSBPMG515 – Manage project human resources
- BSBPMG516 – Manage project information and communication
- BSBPMG517 – Manage project risk
- BSBPMG521 – Manage project integration
- BSBWOR501 – Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBSUS501 – Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBMGT502 – Manage people performance
- BSBADM502 – Manage meetings
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
LLN & Computer Literacy – Help!
At Qualify Me we understand that not every person learns the same way or at the same pace. That’s why when you do this course with us, we will ensure that we identify and attend to any Language, Literacy or Numeracy short falls you may have. We will also look at your computer skills and literacy and ensure that you are at a level that is suited for the course, and if not, then we will dedicate additional time and effort to bring you up to speed. Before commencing any of our courses you are required to sit an LLN course and may be asked about your computer habits and required to complete some foundational computer skills. This is exercise will help us to identify any LLN or computer skill shortages you may have and make sure that we are able to help you to get up to speed.
Sometimes it’s hard to understand all these figures, so why not speak to a career advisor today! We are here to help you make the right decision on your study and career prospects!
- Project manager (generic)
- Project manager (industry specific)
- Project leader
- Project team leader
- Project contract manager
- Project vendor manager
After achieving this qualification candidates may choose to undertake studies at either Advanced Diploma level e.g. Advanced Diploma of Project Management with AIOE or they can proceed to higher education studies within any Australian Higher Education Institute/University.
Can I apply?
This program is available to those with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.
Australia Wide – Online