CPC10111 – Certificate I in Construction – RPL

29 May CPC10111 – Certificate I in Construction – RPL

If you have a wide range of experience in one of the following areas but haven’t completed your qualification for whatever reason, then you’re in the right place. Getting your experience and skills converted into a nationally recognised qualification is simple, fast and headache free! We will help you attain the right qualification and subjects you need for your contractor licence through our industry recognised trade skills and recognition of prior learning program.

What's involved?

1. Free Skills Assessment

You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 2 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.

2. Evidence Portfolio
  • Valid Identification
  • list showing relevant employment history
  • work samples and documents (such as any job cards, invoices, requests from your real estate agent, related insurance papers and sketches, and or plans)
  • letter of employment
  • reference letters from licensed tradesmen you have worked with
  • photos and videos of your work
  • overseas qualifications
  • related licenses, short courses, accreditation, certificates, transcripts or assessments you have attained
3. Skills Check
  1. You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
  2. The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
  3. Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
4. Qualified!

All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!


Upon successful completion of this RPL Program you will be awarded a Nationally Recognised Qualification in:

Certificate I in Construction



There are additional units that you will need to complete on top of your Certificate I in Construction in order to apply for certain licences in NSW. Make sure you advise us which licence you are wanting to apply for so that we can make sure you meet the qualification requirements for the licence you want.

These are the general category of licence you may wish to apply for in NSW:

Minor Maintenance /Cleaning

For licensing purposes, the class of minor maintenance/cleaning refers to the non-structural maintenance (including minor repairs) or cleaning of existing works/structures/buildings

Pressure washing / graffiti removal / brick cleaning work
Completion of Certificate I in Construction, including:
CPCCCM2004A Handle Construction Materials
CPCCCM1011A Undertake basic estimation and costing

Repair, resurfacing or application of a protective coating to bathroom tiles, baths, etc
Completion of Certificate I in Construction, including:
CPCCCM2004A Handle construction materials
CPCCCM1011A Undertake basic estimation and costing.
Plus CPCCPD3030A Apply protective paint coating systems; or
CPCCWF3004A Repair wall and floor tiles

Non-structural repair work
Completion of Certificate I in Construction, including:
CPCCCM2004A Handle construction materials
CPCCCM1011A Undertake basic estimation and costing.
Plus CPCCPD2013A Remove and replace doors and door and window components

Accessed 12/7/16 from: NSW Fair Trading – Minor maintenance / handy man / cleaning


For licensing purposes, the term fencing means the erection of fences and gates, irrespective of the construction materials used, within or on residential property boundary lines.

Completion of Certificate 1 in Construction with following electives and additional units:
CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations and
CPCCCM2004A Handle construction materials or MEM05005B Carry out mechanical cutting and
CPCCCM2006A or B Apply basic leveling procedures and
CPCCCM2009A Carry out basic demolition and
CPCCJN2001A Assemble components and
CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry

Accessed 12/7/16 from: NSW fair Trading – Fencing licence

Minor Trade Work

For licensing purposes, the class minor trade work refers to works involving new, repair or replacement work which cannot be readily ascribed to an individual specific trade area.

Kitchen / Bathroom Bench Installation

Completion of CPC10111 Certificate I in Construction, including:
CPCCCM2004A Handle construction materials
CPCCCM1011A Undertake basic estimation and costing.
CPCCST2001A Prepare for stonemasonry construction process
CPCCCA2011A Handle carpentry materials
CPCCCA2002A or B Use carpentry tools and equipment

Shade sails and shade systems installation
Completion of CPC10111 Certificate I in Construction, including:
CPCCCM2004A Handle construction materials
CPCCCM1011A Undertake basic estimation and costing.
CPCCCO2013A Carry out concreting to simple forms
CPCCCM3003A Work safely around power sources, services and assets

Accessed 12/7/16 from: NSW Fair Trading – Minor tradework


Not available at this time.


Not available at this time.


Not available at this time.


Not available at this time.


Not available at this time.


Not available at this time.

Can I apply?

This RPL and trade skills recognition program is available to tradesmen with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.

Ready to start?

What are you waiting for? Contact Us today. Free call: 1800 765 295

  • ricardo protasio
    Posted at 10:36h, 21 February Reply

    i do like to get a handy man licence to keep my self active and support my pension

    • Qualify Me!
      Posted at 07:17h, 22 February Reply

      That’s great. You will need to show that you have solid experience in the field. Some of the things you may have experience in include:
      Appraising of property
      Auto maintenance, Barbecue pit maintenance, Cabinet refacing, Carpentry repairs, Ceiling repair, Ceramic tile repair, Cleaning, Concrete work, Countertops, Crown moulding, Curtain hanging, Work on Decks, Door installation, Door repair, Dryer repair, Dryer vent cleaning, Dryer vent installation, Drywall Installation, Drywall repair, Electrical wiring, Energy Updates, Fan installation, Fence fixing, Fireplace cleaning, Flooring Installation and Repair, Foundations, Framing, Garage door openers, Garage doors, General Maintenance, Gutter Cleaning, Gutter Repair, Heating system tune-up, Home inspections, Home security systems, Hot tubs and spas, Insulation installation (batts), Insulation installation (blown-in), Lamp repairs, Minor Landscaping maintenance, Lawncare, Lockset adjustment, Maid service, Molding installation, Moving
      Paint removal, Small paint jobs, Patio stone installation, Safety modifications, Sealing driveways, Senior Living Modifications, Septic system repair, Shelf installation, Shelving, Skylight installation, Solar panels, Soundproofing, Sprinkler repair, Sprinkler system installation, Stain removal, Staining furniture, Stone work, Storage area construction, Storage area repair, Swapping a toilet, Swimming pool maintenance, Tiling repairs, Trash Removal, Wall building, Waste and junk removal, Window installation, Window repair, Window screens

  • Tina Oestmann
    Posted at 13:35h, 22 April Reply

    Do I need a handyman licence to perform basic handyman duties? What can I actually do that doesn’t require a licence and is there a maximum limit per job?

  • Rudi Kresevic
    Posted at 09:00h, 28 April Reply

    what minimum studies do I need to undertake to become a licensed builder?. I want to be able to build residential single homes. duplexes, townhouses and low rise buildings.
    Also, practical experience I must acquire. I am a mature person (55 yo) aiming to build my own homes and not rely on builders.

    • Qualify Me!
      Posted at 23:38h, 12 May Reply

      Hi mate,
      There are 3 streams from a vocational stand point. You need to complete a certificate 4 in building and construction plus:
      1. Bricklaying; or
      2. Carpentry; or
      3. Diploma of building and construction
      Our course adviser can help in your selection here…

      Experience: you will need to gain employment with a licensed building company and gain 24months in a wise variety of residential building experience

  • Steve Evans
    Posted at 05:23h, 02 August Reply

    I would like some help in obtaining a handymans license I have many years of experience in the building and landscaping industry but this was 10 years ago ! I have worked with a hardware chain as there installation guy ,doing all there decks and pergolas as well , worked with a roofer installing colorbond roofing , gutters , down pipes etc , worked with whethersheil garages installing there garages and car ports and had my own landscape business doing all landscape construction and erecting American barns and decking them out into three bedroom houses . The problem I have is that I have no evedence of this as the past people have either closed there businesses , retired or sold the barns that I built and moved on ! I have moved to a new area and have approached some relastates for some handy man work with them and they all want the same thing a licence number . The only evidence of my work I can give you is I am just finishing a bathroom extension on a on site caravan where I have done everything from concrete slab , frame , to full fit out and installation of everything and the people are more than happy with my work so I could get a letter of recommendation from them ! I hope you can help me out ! Thanks

  • Luke Butler
    Posted at 17:23h, 16 September Reply

    I’m 43 I’ve worked in the building industry all my life done two and a half years of a carpentry apprenticeship. Work ran out and I was put off I’ve worked with multiple builders and building companies as a skilled labourer and I want to know what I have to do to get my handymans license. I’m working ATM with a builder doing commercial property maintenance but really want to go it on my own I’m completely kitted out with all the required tools I know how to quote jobs I can build you a house from go to woh I never attempt electrical or plumbing I understand why you only get qualified trades to complete there work. I’m not into cottage construction anymore I rather enjoy just doing little jobs and doing property maintenance. Could you please point me in the right direction so I can obtain my handyman certificate please. Thank you.

    • Qualify Me!
      Posted at 05:37h, 12 October Reply

      Hi Luke,

      From your comment, it seems like you have a broad experience in the industry. Our course advisors will need to discuss this with you ensure you tick all the boxes. We will be in touch soon.

  • Warren thomas Blissett
    Posted at 09:49h, 09 July Reply

    Hi i would like to apply for a handy mans licence as i have been doing all fields of maintenance for several years for a boss and feel it is time i went alone for my self i have done tilling cyprockng painting building concreting land scaping simple electricks ceiling fans power points plumbing and feel comperdent in all these areas other than spelling thank u for reading cheers

  • Joe Dopson
    Posted at 02:38h, 23 August Reply

    Hi, I am currently working in the roof plumbing industry, and looking to install colourbond fencing as a extra service. just wanting to know if a certificate one in construction is needed and if so how do i go in obtaining one??

Post A Comment

Not what you're after? See all our qualifications:

This qualification is provided by our partner RTO. For more details click here.

Let's Get You Started

Supporting Breast Cancer Research