27 May UEE32211 – Certificate III in Air conditioning and Refrigeration – RPL
If you have a wide range of experience as an air conditioning & refrigeration mechanic but haven’t completed your qualification for whatever reason, than you’re in the right place. Maybe you’ve migrated here and have been struggling how you can get licensed without being stuck in a TAFE class for another couple of years!
Getting your experience and skills converted into a nationally recognised qualification isn’t as daunting as it sounds, but will require some commitment on your part. We will help you attain the right qualification and subjects you need for your contractor’s licence.
1. Free Skills Assessment
You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 4 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible OR any of the following:
- a crafts certificate
- a TRC from Trades Recognition Australia
- completed partial studies in Australia
- an overseas qualification and/or licence.
2. Evidence Portfolio
- Valid Identification
- list showing relevant employment history
- work samples and documents (such as tender documents, invoices, quotations, plans, sketches etc)
- letter of employment
- reference letters from licensed employers you have worked with
- photos and videos of your work
- overseas qualifications
- related licenses, short courses, accreditation, certificates, transcripts or assessments you have attained
- Apprenticeship papers (if available)
3. Skills Check
- You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
- The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
- Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!
Upon successful completion of this rpl program you will be awarded a nationally recognised qualification in:
Certificate III in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
Scope of work
Air conditioning work involves installing, maintaining and servicing an air-conditioning system (other than a self-contained single-phase plug-in domestic air-conditioning system) in a structure, building, vessel, container or railway vehicle
Refrigeration work involves installing, maintain and service a refrigeration system (other than a self-contained single-phase plug-in domestic refrigeration system) in a structure, building, vessel, container or vehicle
UEE32211 Certificate III in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
Accessed 14/7/16 from: NSW Fair Trading air conditioning and refrigeration contractor’s licence
Scope of work
- Install, commission, service or repair refrigeration, air conditioning, mechanical ventilation and air handling systems for a building
- Design and prepare plans and specifications for:
- refrigeration systems for a building, or
- air conditioning and mechanical ventilation and air handling systems for a building:
- that is not more than 3 storeys, and
- that has a floor area of not more than 2000m², and
- for which the plant capacity for any 1 system for the building is not more than 34kW
- that do not form part of a fire or smoke hazard management system for the building
- but, only if the plans and specifications are:
- for the licensee’s personal use, or
- for use in building work to be performed by the licensee personally.
UEE32211 Certificate III in Air conditioning and Refrigeration
Accessed on 14/7/16 from: QBCC air conditioning and refrigeration contractor’s licence
Scope of work
Refrigerated Airconditioning work is conducted in domestic, commercial and industrial environments, to provide desired heating and cooling requirements.
Installing and commissioning airconditioning systems
Testing airconditioning systems for leaks and undertaking appropriate repairs or alterations
Maintaining and repairing airconditioning systems and components
Completing required compliance documentation about handling gases.
UEE3221 Certificate III in Airconditioning and Refrigeration
Accessed 14/7/16 from: VIC air conditioning and refrigeration contractor’s licence
Scope of work
The laying of all forms of manufactured brick or blocks with no restriction in height or class of building. Does not include stone masonry. Includes undersetting.
Trade Certificate OR
Interview with Building work supervisor
Accessed on 14/7/16 from: SA CBS air conditioning and refrigeration contractor’s licence
Can I apply?
This RPL and trade skills recognition program is available to tradesmen with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.