29 May RPL Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
This qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
Qualify Me! chef RPL programs are available to cooks with a minimum of 3-4 years experience in the field or for those with overseas qualifications. You will also be required to complete the Food Safety supervisor certification if you haven’t already done so.
1. Free Skills Assessment
You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 3 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.
2. Evidence Portfolio
- Valid Identification
- Resume: We need your resume showing details of your work history, job description including your duties and places you worked in.
- list showing relevant employment history
- letter of employment
- reference letters: get a reference letter from your current & past employers detailing your job title, your duties, how long you worked there and any special skills you have. Reference letters should show approximately three (3) years experience (in total)
- photos: the more photos you have the more skills you can show, approx 30 to 40 photographs are needed. You can present photos of special events you participated in, photos of you preparing and cooking poultry, seafood, meats,cakes & yeast goods, hot & cold deserts, vegetables, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes, appetisers and salads. You may also take photos using different equipments in the kitchen, serving customers, food preparation and presentation and the like.
- videos: this is a great way to show off your skills, no more than 5 videos are required, each video no longer than 6 minutes each. In each video you will show your cooking skills, chopping of fruits and/or veggies, serving customers and food preparation and presentation.
- a certified copy of your past qualification or transcript that you may have studied in the past. This includes any short courses such as first aid courses or your food safety supervisor (FSS) certificate
- Other evidence: it’s a good idea to include any other documents as evidence
3. Skills Check
- You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
- The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
- Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!
This qualification provides pathway for you to work as a chef in a restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops, or to run a small business in these sectors.
Chef de partie
A chef de partie’s primary role is to oversee the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals in a restaurant. Duties associated with this role including directing chefs in their section in preparing, cooking, and presenting culinary dishes; enforcing strict health and hygiene standards in the kitchen; and troubleshooting any problems that may arise
Upon successful completion of this RPL Program you will be awarded a nationally recognised qualification in:
Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
Can I apply?
This RPL and trade skills recognition program is available to those with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.