This qualification reflects the role of real estate professionals who apply knowledge of real estate practice legal agency and compliance requirements, ethical standards and consumer preferences to conduct real estate functions.
This qualification applies to people working in both residential and commercial property, including business broking, and stock and station transactions.
Occupational titles may include:
Stock and Station Agent
Business Broker, Business Agent, Franchise Broker
Property Manager, Body Corporate Manager
Real Estate Agent
Real Estate Representative, Real Estate Salesperson, Real Estate Sub-agent, Property Portfolio Officer, Buyer’s Agent.
Staff who hold this qualification are commonly engaged with:
- analysing data, industry intelligence and leads to identify prospects
- developing, building and maintaining relationships with lessors, tenants, vendors and buyers
- providing advice to lessors, tenants, vendors and buyers on the sale, purchase or lease of commercial, residential, stock and station, and property real estate
- implementing systems, forms and documents to ensure real estate agency transactions are compliant with regulatory requirements; managing risk to agency and agent, and demonstrating high standards of ethical practice
- transacting, accessing, and preserving the integrity of trust accounts to minimise customer and agency risk
- establishing, maintaining, executing and concluding contracts with lessors, tenants, vendors and buyers, including by auction
- building and promoting the agency and individual brands.