01 Jun BSB41415 – Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety – RPL
This qualification is suitable for people working in a work health and safety (WHS) role who may or may not work under supervision. They may provide leadership and guidance to others and have some limited responsibility for the output of others. The qualification reflects the role of workers who apply a broad knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of contexts and may include coordinators, advisors and facilitators.
1. Free Skills Assessment
You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 3 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.
2. Evidence Portfolio
- Valid Identification
- Resume: We need your resume showing details of your work history, job description including your duties and places you worked in.
- list showing relevant employment history
- work samples and documents
- letter of employment
- overseas qualifications (if available)
- Transcripts/assessments from previous qualifications related to this course
- reference letters: get a reference letter from your current & past employers detailing your job title, your duties, how long you worked there and any special skills you have. Reference letters should show approximately three (3) years experience (in total)
- Other evidence: it’s a good idea to include any other documents as evidence.
3. Skills Check
- You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
- The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
- Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!
Human Resources Assistant
Some of the responsibilities of Human Resources Assistant includes:
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources executives
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc)
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc)
- Communicate with public services when necessary
- Properly handle complaints and grievance procedures
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees
As a payroll officer you will be qualified to assist in the provision of an advisory and consultancy service to management and staff on a range of payroll related matters.
Work Health and Safety (WHS) Systems Officer
An officer of an organisation must exercise due diligence to ensure that the organisation complies with its health and safety duties. This means they must ensure that the organisation has appropriate systems of work in place and they must actively monitor and evaluate health and safety management within the organisation. Based on knowledge and skills system officer must:
- Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- Assist with responding to incidents
- Assist with workplace monitoring processes
- Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
- Ensure workplace emergency prevention procedures, systems and processes are implemented
- Analyse and present research information
- Write complex documents
Upon successful completion of this RPL Program you will be awarded a nationally recognised qualification in:
Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
Advanced Diploma of Work Health and Safety
Can I apply?
This RPL and trade skills recognition program is available to those with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.