10 Aug Construction of Gates and Fences Licence
If you have a wide range of experience planning, preparing, setting out and installing different types of fence and gate to a home but haven’t completed your qualification for whatever reason, than you’re in the right place. Getting your trade skills recognised is simple, fast and headache free! We will help you attain the right units you need for a Nationally Recognised Units and Contractor’s licence.
1. Free Skills Assessment
You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 3 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.
2. Evidence Portfolio
- valid Identification
- list showing relevant employment history
- work samples and documents (such as plans, surveys, contracts, tender documents, invoices, variation contracts, hand over document’s, minor/major work documents etc)
- letter of employment
- reference letters from licensed tradesmen in your industry
- photos and videos of your work covering the various stages of gates and fences work. Include some of you wearing your PPE gear.
- overseas qualifications
- Proof of purchases such as invoices, purchase orders or receipts relating to work purchases
- related licenses, short courses, accreditation, certificates, transcripts or assessments you have attained
- Apprenticeship papers (if available)
- Any other evidence
3. Skills Check
- You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
- The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
- Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!
Upon successful completion of this Construction of Gates and Fences RPL Program you will be awarded Nationally Recognised Qualifications in:
- CPC30316 Certificate III in Carpentry
- CPC30111Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying
VBA Domestic restricted licence: Construction of Gates and Fences
Scope of Work
This component of domestic building work is limited to the construction of gates and fences for homes. It involves planning, preparing, setting out and installing different types of fence and gate to a home. It includes constructing and dismantling all types of fencing of any type of material, and associated manual and automatic gates, including safety barriers for swimming pools and spas.
There is no qualification specified for this licence, however can be gathered that holding the following Statement of Attainments will aid your application for a Construction of Gates and Fences licence.
If you have successfully completed the following qualifications, you will satisfy some of the technical knowledge required for Construction of Gates and Fences work:
CPC30316 Certificate III in Carpentry
CPC30111Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying, including the following units
- CPCCBL3005A Lay masonry walls and corners
- CPCCBL3006A Lay multi-thickness walls and pier
You must have capacity to carry out, manage or arrange the following activities in a competent manner and to a professional standard:
- setting out the fence line in consultation with land surveyor or property owner
- dismantling existing fences and gates according to job specifications
- determining bracing on gates
- installing a prefabricated/modular fence and associated gates
- installing hardware and operable components, including opening systems
- mixing, placing and finishing concrete appropriate to the work.
Can I apply?
This RPL and trade skills recognition program is available to tradesmen with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.