Construction of Non-habitable Building Structures Licence

04 Aug Construction of Non-habitable Building Structures Licence

If you have a wide range of experience in construction of non-habitable building such as private garages and carports but haven’t completed your qualification for whatever reason, than you’re in the right place. Getting your trade skills recognised is simple, fast and headache free! We will help you attain the right units you need for a Nationally Recognised Units and Contractor’s licence.

What's involved?

1. Free Skills Assessment

You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 3 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.

2. Evidence Portfolio
  • valid Identification
  • list showing relevant employment history
  • work samples and documents (such as plans, surveys, contracts, tender documents, invoices, variation contracts, hand over document’s, minor/major work documents etc)
  • letter of employment
  • reference letters from licensed tradesmen in your industry
  • photos and videos of your work covering the various stages of non-habitable building structures. Include some of you wearing your PPE gear.
  • overseas qualifications
  • Proof of purchases such as invoices, purchase orders or receipts relating to work purchases
  • related licenses, short courses, accreditation, certificates, transcripts or assessments you have attained
  • Apprenticeship papers (if available)
  • Any other evidence
3. Skills Check
  1. You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
  2. The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
  3. Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
4. Qualified!

All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!


Upon successful completion of Construction of Non-habitable Building Structures RPL Program you will be awarded Nationally Recognised Qualifications in CPC30316 Certificate III in Carpentry



VBA Domestic restricted licence: Construction of Non-habitable Building Structures

Scope of Work

This component of domestic building work is limited to the construction of non-habitable building structures associated with homes. It includes the construction of the above ground and free standing structures such as private garages and carports associated with a class 1 building, or any separate single storey garage associated with another building where such garage contains not more than three vehicle spaces, sheds, cabanas, gazebos and shade structures.

Qualification Requirement

There is no qualification specified for this licence, however can be gathered that holding the following Statement of Attainments will aid your application for a Construction of non-habitable building structures.

If you have successfully completed the following qualification, you will satisfy some of the technical knowledge required for Non-habitable Building Structures work:

• CPC30316 Certificate III in Carpentry

Experience Requirement

You must have capacity to carry out, manage or arrange the following activities in a competent manner and to a professional standard:

  • carrying out or managing or arranging the excavations of the site required for the work
  • establishing the levels and preparing footings where required (including stumps, slabs, pad footings etc.)
  • carrying out or managing the erection of frames, floors and walls of the non -habitable building
  • installing appropriate doors and windows to specification
  • constructing retaining walls when they are part of the non-habitable structure.

Accessed 4/8/2016 from : VBA Domestic Building Licence (limited)

Can I apply?

This RPL and trade skills recognition program is available to tradesmen with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.

Ready to start?

What are you waiting for? Contact Us today. Free call: 1800 765 295

No Comments

Post A Comment

Not what you're after? See all our qualifications:

This qualification is provided by our partner RTO. For more details click here.

Let's Get You Started

Supporting Breast Cancer Research