04 Aug Door and Window Replacement/Installation Licence
If you have a wide range of experience in door and window replacement/installation which involves selecting, setting out, installing and/or removing and replacing windows and doors to meet weatherproofing and building sealing requirements but haven’t completed your qualification for whatever reason, than you’re in the right place. Getting your trade skills recognised is simple, fast and headache free! We will help you attain the right units you need for a Nationally Recognised Units and Contractor’s licence.
1. Free Skills Assessment
You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 3 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.
2. Evidence Portfolio
- valid Identification
- list showing relevant employment history
- work samples and documents (such as plans, surveys, contracts, tender documents, invoices, variation contracts, hand over document’s, minor/major work documents etc)
- letter of employment
- reference letters from licensed tradesmen in your industry
- photos and videos of your work covering the various stages of non-habitable building structures. Include some of you wearing your PPE gear.
- overseas qualifications
- Proof of purchases such as invoices, purchase orders or receipts relating to work purchases
- related licenses, short courses, accreditation, certificates, transcripts or assessments you have attained
- Apprenticeship papers (if available)
- Any other evidence
3. Skills Check
- You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
- The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
- Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!
Upon successful completion of Door and Window Replacement/Installation RPL Program you will be awarded Nationally Recognised Qualifications in:
- CPC30316 Certificate III in Carpentry
- CPC30416 Certificate III in Joinery
VBA Domestic restricted licence: Door and Window Replacement/Installation
Scope of Work
This component of domestic building work is limited to door and window replacement/ installation for homes and associated class 10 structures. It involves selecting, setting out, installing and/or removing and replacing windows and doors to meet weatherproofing and building sealing requirements of the National Construction Code and Australian Standards. The work must also provide for capacity to withstand wind loads and, when appropriate, comply with:
- Bushfire Attack Level (BAL)
- Fire Resistance Level (FRL)
- energy efficiency provisions
- heritage overlay considerations.
Window types can include, but are not limited to, casement, awning and double hung windows. Door types can include, but are not limited to, sliding, bi-fold, French, pivot and entry doors
There is no qualification specified for this licence, however can be gathered that holding the following Statement of Attainments will aid your application for a Construction of non-habitable building structures.
If you have successfully completed the following qualifications, you will satisfy some of the technical knowledge required for Door and Window Replacement/Installation work:
- CPC30316 Certificate III in Carpentry
- CPC30416 Certificate III in Joinery, including the unit of competency CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
You must have capacity to carry out, manage or arrange the following activities in a competent manner and to a professional standard:
- removing existing window or door units and their component hardware
- ensuring adequate structural support for the window or door to be installed
- preparing the opening and frame for the installation of the window or door
- positioning new or replacement window or door units, and fixing them to the frame according to plans, drawings and specifications
- fitting appropriate flashings
- testing and adjusting the installation to meet job specifications.
Accessed 5/8/2016 from : VBA Domestic Builder door and window replacement/installation
Can I apply?
This RPL and trade skills recognition program is available to tradesmen with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.