10 Apr FNS50215 – Diploma of Accounting
This qualification reflects professional accounting job roles in financial services and other industries. Individuals in these roles apply solutions to a range of often complex problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They apply initiative to plan, coordinate and evaluate their own work and guidance to others within defined guidelines.
Entry Requirements & Pre-Requisites
- There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
- Credit (or recognition) for modules/units may be granted based on previous learning, studies, work and/or life experiences. Please discuss this with the teaching section when you enrol.
- Students need to be at least 18 years of age
- Students must have sufficient literacy and language English skills and may be required to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment prior to undertaking training to ensure they have the required skills to undertake training at this level
- For online delivery you will require access to a computer, internet connection and email, appropriate software (Microsoft Word and Excel or similar) and range of commonly used business equipment (photocopier, faxes, binder, telephone, answering machine)
- You may be required to access an actual workplace or simulated environment to under some assessment tasks depending on the elective units selected
*The following units must have been completed as prerequisite unit requirements:
BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
FNSACC301 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
For additional information regarding the specific units listed please visit www.training.gov.au (Certificate IV in Leadership and Management).
You will be required to complete a total of 12 units for this qualification.
There are six (6) core units specified for this qualification in FNS training package:
FNSACC501 Provide financial and business performance information
FNSACC502 Prepare tax documentation for individuals**
FNSACC503 Manage budgets and forecasts
FNSACC504* Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
FNSACC506 Implement and maintain internal control procedures
FNSACC507 Provide management accounting information
** Units included in the Tax Practitioners Board approved course in Australian taxation law:
FNSSS00003 Taxation law for tax agents Skill Set (Tax documentation) – FNSACC502 and FNSACC601
BSBLDR402 – Lead effective workplace relationships
BSBRSK501 – Manage risk
BSBMGT402 – Implement operational plan
FNSTPB505 – Apply legal principles in property law
FNSTPB504 – Apply legal principles in corporations and trusts law
Work functions in the occupational areas where this qualification may be used are subject to regulatory requirements. Refer to the FNS Implementation Guide Companion Volume or the relevant regulator for specific guidance on requirements. Persons seeking registration with the TPB should check current registration requirements with the Board.
LLN & Computer Literacy – Help!
At Qualify Me we understand that not every person learns the same way or at the same pace. That’s why when you do this course with us, we will ensure that we identify and attend to any Language, Literacy or Numeracy short falls you may have. We will also look at your computer skills and literacy and ensure that you are at a level that is suited for the course, and if not, then we will dedicate additional time and effort to bring you up to speed. Before commencing any of our courses you are required to sit an LLN course and may be asked about your computer habits and required to complete some foundational computer skills. This is exercise will help us to identify any LLN or computer skill shortages you may have and make sure that we are able to help you to get up to speed.
All information for GET EMPLOYED sourced from: http://www.myskills.gov.au/courses/details?Code=FNS50215
This qualification reflects accounting job roles in financial services and other industries requiring accounting support functions.
- Accounts Assistant
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Accounts Supervisor
Upon successful completion of this qualification you can undertake further study in FNS60215 Advanced Diploma in Accounting, or a range of other Advanced Diploma Qualifications which we offer. Further information on this qualification can be found by visiting www.training.gov.au (Diploma in Accounting).