Insulation licence

05 Aug Insulation licence

If you have a wide range of experience in selecting appropriate types of insulation material, and installing insulation into ceilings, external walls and floors, and around pipe and duct work but haven’t completed your qualification for whatever reason, than you’re in the right place. Getting your trade skills recognised is simple, fast and headache free! We will help you attain the right units you need for a Nationally Recognised Units and Contractor’s licence.

What's involved?

1. Free Skills Assessment

You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 3 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.

2. Evidence Portfolio
  • valid Identification
  • list showing relevant employment history
  • work samples and documents (such as plans, surveys, contracts, tender documents, invoices, variation contracts, hand over document’s, minor/major work documents etc)
  • letter of employment
  • reference letters from licensed tradesmen in your industry
  • photos and videos of your work covering the various stages of non-habitable building structures. Include some of you wearing your PPE gear.
  • overseas qualifications
  • Proof of purchases such as invoices, purchase orders or receipts relating to work purchases
  • related licenses, short courses, accreditation, certificates, transcripts or assessments you have attained
  • Apprenticeship papers (if available)
  • Any other evidence
3. Skills Check
  1. You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
  2. The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
  3. Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
4. Qualified!

All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!


Upon successful completion of Glazing RPL Program you will be awarded Nationally Recognised Qualifications in:

  • CPC31211 Certificate in Wall and Ceiling lining,



Not available at this time


VBA Domestic restricted licence: Insulation

Scope of Work

This component of domestic building work is limited to insulation work for homes and associated class 10 buildings. It involves selecting appropriate types of insulation material, and installing insulation into ceilings, external walls and floors, and around pipe and duct work. The work includes:

  • the installation of batt, blanket, board, loose fill and reflective ceiling, wall and acoustic insulation
  • the cutting of insulation to size
  • the installation of safety wire mesh
  • to insulate against heat, cold, air, sound and moisture.

Qualification Requirement

There is no qualification specified for this licence, however can be gathered that holding the following Statement of Attainments will aid your application for a Insulation.

If you have successfully completed the following qualification, you will satisfy some of the technical knowledge required for Insulation work:

CPC31211 Certificate in Wall and Ceiling lining, including the units of competency:

  • CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
  • CPCCPB3014A Install batt insulation products
  • CPCCPB3015A Install acoustic and thermal environmental protection systems
  • CPCCPB3027A Install ceiling insulation
  • CPCPMS3032A Select and fit insulation and sheathing

Experience Requirement

You must have capacity to carry out, manage or arrange the following activities in a competent manner and to a professional standard:

  • estimating and measuring the amount and type of installation material needed depending on the building type and requirements specified by the designer
  • undertaking a risk analysis before installing the insulation, by identifying safety risks and hazards
  • identifying electrical hazards in roof spaces, including unenclosed connections, unenclosed conductors, damaged cable sheaths and exposed conductors
  • cutting, fitting and finishing insulation in ceilings and walls in completed and partly completed buildings
  • installing insulation at heights and in enclosed areas
  • install insulation near electricity (safety)
  • installing insulation using battery power tools
  • Installing insulation using hazardous substances and taking the necessary safety requirements
  • Measuring, cutting and using insulation material to minimize waste
  • Identifying faults in insulation material.

Accessed 5/8/2016 from : VBA Domestic Builder Insulation

Can I apply?

This RPL and trade skills recognition program is available to tradesmen with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.

Ready to start?

What are you waiting for? Contact Us today. Free call: 1800 765 295

No Comments

Post A Comment

Not what you're after? See all our qualifications:

This qualification is provided by our partner RTO. For more details click here.

Let's Get You Started

Supporting Breast Cancer Research