05 Aug Re-stumping and Re-blocking Licence
If you have a wide range of experience in re-stumping and re-blocking sub-floor works for homes and associated class 10 structures which involves levelling and supporting existing structures but haven’t completed your qualification for whatever reason, than you’re in the right place. Getting your trade skills recognised is simple, fast and headache free! We will help you attain the right units you need for a Nationally Recognised Units and Contractor’s licence.
1. Free Skills Assessment
You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 3 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.
2. Evidence Portfolio
- valid Identification
- list showing relevant employment history
- work samples and documents (such as plans, surveys, contracts, tender documents, invoices, variation contracts, hand over document’s, minor/major work documents etc)
- letter of employment
- reference letters from licensed tradesmen in your industry
- photos and videos of your work covering the various stages of non-habitable building structures. Include some of you wearing your PPE gear.
- overseas qualifications
- Proof of purchases such as invoices, purchase orders or receipts relating to work purchases
- related licenses, short courses, accreditation, certificates, transcripts or assessments you have attained
- Apprenticeship papers (if available)
- Any other evidence
3. Skills Check
- You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
- The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
- Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!
Upon successful completion of Re-stumping and Re-blocking RPL Program you will be awarded Nationally Recognised Qualifications in:
- RII31213 Certificate III in Civil Foundations
VBA Domestic restricted licence: Door and Window Replacement/Installation
Scope of Work
This component of domestic building work is limited to sub-floor works for homes and associated class 10 structures. It involves levelling and supporting existing structures to ensure they have solid foundations.
There is no qualification specified for this licence, however can be gathered that holding the following Statement of Attainments will aid your application for a Re-stumping and Re-blocking.
If you have successfully completed the following qualification, you will satisfy some of the technical knowledge required for Restumping and Re-blocking work:
RII31213 Certificate III in Civil Foundations, including the units of competency:
- RIIMPO402D Apply the principles of earthworks construction
- RIICRC306D Conduct earthworks
- CPCCCM2002A Carry out excavation
You must have capacity to carry out, manage or arrange the following activities in a competent manner and to a professional standard:
- accessing, interpreting and undertaking work according to the engineer’s design and the conditions of the building permit
- establishing data for levelling
- replacing existing stumps/piers
- replacing defective sub-floor members and flooring
- underpinning existing structures
- undertaking protection works of adjoining buildings
- using lifting equipment such as hydraulic jacks
- undertaking concreting for foundation work, including installing formwork, reinforcement and concrete
- installing piling, including driven piles, cast-in piles, continuous flight auger piles, compressed piles and bored cast-in-place piles
- installing damp proof courses/membranes
- coordinating alterations to sewerage, gas, power and water services
- realigning floors and attached structures (external steps, landing)
- removing impediments to access to the site
- repairing flooring where cuts were made to access jacks
- arranging relevant certification of completed building work when required.
Accessed 5/8/2016 from : VBA Domestic restumping and reblocking
Can I apply?
This RPL and trade skills recognition program is available to tradesmen with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.