01 Jun SHB30315 – Certificate III In Nail Technology – RPL
This qualification reflects the role of individuals employed as nail technicians to provide manicure and pedicare services, including the application of nail art and acrylic and gel nail enhancements.
Their work possess a range of well-developed technical and customer service skills where discretion and judgement is required and are responsible for their own outputs.
Work is typically conducted in beauty salons and spas
1. Free Skills Assessment
You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 2 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.
2. Evidence Portfolio
- Valid Identification
- Resume: We need your resume showing details of your work history, job description including your duties and places you worked in.
- List showing relevant employment history
- Letter of employment
- Reference letters: get a reference letter from your current & past employers detailing your job title, your duties, how long you worked there and any special skills you have. Reference letters should show approximately two (2) years experience (in total).
- Certificates/ transcripts from formal training
- Other evidence: it’s a good idea to include any other documents as evidence.
3. Skills Check
- You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
- The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
- Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college.
Provide manicures and pedicures
Nail Technicians provide individualized nail services and treatments to clients, including manicures and pedicures. They remove previously applied nail polish, shape and smooth the ends of nails, clean the nails, soften, push back and trim nail cuticles, and apply polish onto nails. They may also apply artificial nails or paint designs onto nails.
Maintain Sanitary Workstation
Nail Technicians are responsible for maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment. They must uphold strict standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and established policies and procedures.
Build customer relationships
Nail Technicians work to ensure their guests are satisfied, so that they will become repeat customers. They work to build a relationship with customers and guide them toward other services or products they offer.
Upon successful completion of this RPL Program you will be awarded a nationally recognised qualification in:
Certificate III in Nail Technology
Can I apply?
This RPL and skills recognition program is available to those with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.