11 Aug RPL Certificate III in Retail Baking (Bread)
The Certificate III in Retail Baking (Bread) provides trade baking skills and knowledge for those working in a retail baking environment with a focus on bread baking
1. Free Skills Assessment
You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 2 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.
2. Evidence Portfolio
- Valid Identification
- Resume: We need your resume showing details of your work history, job description including your duties and places you worked in.
- list showing relevant employment history
- letter of employment
- reference letters: get a reference letter from your current & past employers detailing your job title, your duties, how long you worked there and any special skills you have. Reference letters should show approximately three (3) years experience (in total).
- photos: The more photos you have the more skills you can show, approx 30 to 40 photographs are needed. You can present photos of special events you participated in. You may also take photos using different equipments in the kitchen, serving customers, food preparation and presentation and the like.
- videos: This is a great way to show off your skills, no more than 5 videos are required, each video no longer than 6 minutes each. In each video you will show yourbaking skills, preparation and presentation.
- a certified copy of your past qualification or transcript that you may have studied in the past. This includes any short courses such as first aid courses or your food safety supervisor (FSS) certificate
- Other evidence: it’s a good idea to include any other documents as evidence, example: menu’s you wrote, baked, special events (competitions), assignments or exam papers you completed in the past.
3. Skills Check
- You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
- The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
- Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!
Baker (Retail Baking)
A baker is responsible for making a wide range of breads, pastries, and other baked goods. One of the great things about being a baker is that it offers the possibility to work in a variety of settings, from a small family-owned bakery to a corporate-owned industrial operation, and everything in between.
Pastrycook (Retail Baking)
The Pastry Cooks responsibilities include preparing quality pastry items such as breakfast items, desserts, breads, ice creams, sorbets, creams, simple syrups, amenities, displays/centerpieces and special request items.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
- Meet with the Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to departmental standards.
- Inform the Executive Chef of any foreseeable shortages before items run out.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and hotel requirements.
- Minimise waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
Upon successful completion of this RPL Program you will be awarded a nationally recognised qualification in:
Certificate III in Retail Baking (Bread)
After achieving this Qualification, candidates may undertake FDF40110 Certificate IV in Food Processing or other suitable Certificate IV Qualifications
Can I apply?
This RPL and skills recognition program is available to those with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.