10 Apr SIR20216 – Certificate II in Retail Services
This qualification reflects the role of frontline retail team members who use a defined and limited range of operational skills to undertake workplace activities. They are involved in mainly routine and repetitive tasks and work under direct supervision of others.
Entry Requirements & Pre-Requisites
- Students must have sufficient literacy and language English skills and may be required to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment prior to undertaking training to ensure they have the required skills to undertake training at this level
- For online delivery you will require access to a computer, internet connection and email, appropriate software (Microsoft Word and Excel or similar) and range of commonly used business equipment (photocopier, faxes, binder, telephone, answering machine)
- You may be required to access an actual workplace or simulated environment to under some assessment tasks depending on the elective units selected
For additional information regarding the specific units listed please visit www.training.gov.au (SIR20216 – Certificate II in Retail Services).
12 units must be completed:
- 7 core units
- 5 elective units, consisting of:
- 3 units from the list below
- 2 units from the list below, elsewhere in SIR Retail Services Training Package, or any other current Training Package or accredited course.
The selection of electives must be guided by the job outcome sought, local industry requirements and the complexity of skills appropriate to the AQF level of this qualification.
Engage the customer
Communicate in the workplace to support team and customer outcomes
Work effectively in a service environment
Organise personal work requirements
Advise on products and services
Identify and respond to security risks
Contribute to workplace health and safety
Handle food safely in a retail environment
Receive and handle retail stock
Produce visual merchandise displays
Merchandise food products
Advise on food products and services
Follow point-of-sale procedures
Use business technology
Working in Industry
Use strategies to respond to routine workplace problems
Organise and maintain the store environment
Plan a career in the retail industry
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
LLN & Computer Literacy – Help!
At Qualify Me we understand that not every person learns the same way or at the same pace. That’s why when you do this course with us, we will ensure that we identify and attend to any Language, Literacy or Numeracy short falls you may have. We will also look at your computer skills and literacy and ensure that you are at a level that is suited for the course, and if not, then we will dedicate additional time and effort to bring you up to speed. Before commencing any of our courses you are required to sit an LLN course and may be asked about your computer habits and required to complete some foundational computer skills. This is exercise will help us to identify any LLN or computer skill shortages you may have and make sure that we are able to help you to get up to speed.
Sometimes it’s hard to understand all these figures, so why not speak to a career advisor today! We are here to help you make the right decision on your study and career prospects!
- Customer Service Assistant
- Sales Counter Assistant
- Team Leader
- Assistant Supermarket Manager]
- Food Store Manager
Can I apply?
This program is available to those with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.
Australia Wide- Online