RPL Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing

28 May RPL Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing

If you have a wide range of experience as a waterproofer but haven’t completed your qualification for whatever reason, then you’re in the right place. Getting your waterproofing experience and skills converted into a nationally recognised qualification is simple, fast and headache free! We will help you attain the right qualification and subjects you need for your waterproofing contractor’s licence.

What's involved?

1. Free Skills Assessment

You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 2 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.

2. Evidence Portfolio
  • Valid Identification
  • list showing relevant employment history
  • work samples and documents (such as tender documents, invoices, quotations, plans, sketches etc)
  • letter of employment
  • reference letters from licensed waterproofers you have worked with
  • photos and videos of your work
  • overseas qualifications
  • related licenses, short courses, accreditation, certificates, transcripts or assessments you have attained
  • Apprenticeship papers (if available)
3. Skills Check
  1. You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
  2. The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
  3. Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
4. Qualified!

All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!


Upon successful completion of this RPL Program you will be awarded a nationally recognised qualification in:

Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing



Scope of work

Waterproofing work involves any protective treatment of a dwelling designed to prevent the penetration of water or moisture into the dwelling or the protective treatment of wet areas in a dwelling designed to prevent the unwanted escape of water from those areas by using solid membranes or membranes applied by brush, roller or any other method.

Qualifications required

CPC31411 Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing

Accessed 12/7/16 from: NSW Fair Trading Waterproofing contractor’s licence


Scope of work

Apply, install and repair waterproofing including surface preparation, and apply or install material or systems for preventing moisture penetration.

Qualifications required

CPC31411 Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing

Plus Approved Managerial Course

Accessed on 12/7/16 from: QBCC Waterproofing contractor’s licence


Scope of work

This component of domestic building work is limited to waterproofing for homes and associated class 10 structures. It involves the application, installation and repair of waterproofing membranes or systems, which may be applied to the interior, exterior, below ground and remedial areas of a building.

This work includes:

  • the waterproofing of showers and areas outside showers
  • the waterproofing of areas adjacent to baths and spas, laundries and WCs
  • the waterproofing of walls adjoining sinks, basins and laundry tubs
  • waterproofing applied as part of the construction of balconies and garages.

It excludes the waterproofing of swimming pools. The purpose of waterproofing is to prevent the ingress of moisture into the building interior. Experience needed In addition to the above list of general experience required by a person registered as a Domestic Builder, you must have capacity to carry out, manage or arrange the following activities in a competent manner and to a professional standard:

  • preparing a range of different surfaces for waterproofing
  • reporting or rectifying faults or damage in surfaces before applying a waterproofing system
  • selecting and applying appropriate waterproofing systems to above and below ground level external wet areas and internal wet areas according to required standards and manufacturer specifications
  • undertaking remedial waterproofing.

Qualifications required

Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing

Accessed 12/7/16 from: Victorian Building Authority Waterproofing Contractor Licence


Not licensed in this jurisdiction. (12/7/16)

Accessed 12/7/16 from: Canberra Waterproofing Licence

See ACT construction occupation licenses for latest listing of Canberra Licence


Not licensed in this jurisdiction.

Accessed 12/7/16 from: WA Waterproofing Licence


Scope of work

All forms of water proofing of wet areas, balconies concrete roof and concourses, retaining walls and the like

Qualifications required

Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing

Accessed on 12/7/16 from: SA CBS Waterproofing Contractor licence


Not licensed in this jurisdiction.

Accessed 12/7/16 from: TAS Waterproofing Licence


Not licensed in this jurisdiction.

Accessed 12/7/16 from: NT Waterproofing Licence

Can I apply?

This RPL and trade skills recognition program is available to tradesmen with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.

Ready to start?

What are you waiting for? Contact Us today. Free call: 1800 765 295

  • Timothy stubbs
    Posted at 11:56h, 16 February Reply

    Querys of waterproffing licences as im a fully qualified tiler o did waterproffing in my trade what do i need to do to

    • Qualify Me!
      Posted at 21:33h, 16 February Reply

      As a tiler you may have come across certain aspects of waterproofing. If you have the equivalent of at least two years of solid experience covering all aspects of waterproofing then you may be eligible for the certificate iii in waterproofing – which will allow you to apply for a waterproofing contractors licence at your state licence regulator. Give us a buzz we would be happy to discuss your situation.

      • Ali Reza amin
        Posted at 05:58h, 15 September Reply

        Hi I am interested to get my license I have 4 years experience in Waterproofing and working myself but sometimes the customer asking about license so please give me a call on 0469
        0469553345 thanks

        • Qualify Me!
          Posted at 05:38h, 12 October Reply

          Hi Ali,

          Have you been working under the supervision of a licensed waterproofer? We will require some references which will be verified that you have completed this experience under the a licensed waterproofer.

  • Gabriel Sadaraka
    Posted at 21:01h, 05 July Reply

    Hey i this interested on your course just wondering how much is your course please contact me back asap

    • Qualify Me!
      Posted at 02:34h, 07 July Reply

      Gabriel, A course advisor will be in touch to discuss requirements and pricing. Keep in mind, we have a Best price guarantee which essentially ensures that you will get the best value and quality of service.

  • lukes edenden
    Posted at 07:05h, 17 July Reply

    I have over 10 years in waterproofing and meet the abovw criteria. How much for the qualifications
    please inbox

  • Douglas woolley
    Posted at 23:51h, 30 July Reply

    I am a tiler fully licensed .for 32 years lic number 95229c and i would like to be able to certify waterproofing can you let me know when you can book me in for the course pls

    • Qualify Me!
      Posted at 01:12h, 16 October Reply

      Hi Douglas,

      At the moment we are offering the RPL program. Do you have experience in waterproofing under the supervision of a licensed waterproofer?

  • Hieu Tran
    Posted at 06:39h, 04 August Reply

    I am interested in waterproofing job. Could you please inform me more about the requirements and cost for course, also, the outcome of attending your course.

Post A Comment

Not what you're after? See all our qualifications:

This qualification is provided by our partner RTO. For more details click here.

Let's Get You Started

Supporting Breast Cancer Research