The Demolition RPL program is designed to meet the needs of specialist demolition workers who dismantle and demolish public, residential, commercial and industrial structures of all types, and process the resulting materials for salvage, recycling and waste disposal.
The Demolition scope of work includes but is not limited to Select and use hand tools and equipment for demolition tasks, selecting and using small plant and equipment for demolition tasks, demolish small buildings and structures using hand tools and small plant and equipment, select and use tools and equipment for hot work in the demolition industry and shift materials safely using manual handling methods.
At least 4 years relevant industry experience in a wide range of demolition work where the majority of the experience was obtained within 10 years of the date on which the application is made.
100 Pts ID JP Certified, White Card JP Certified, Referee Testimonial Min 4 yrs Exp, Video, Photo
According to SafeWork NSW, to apply for a license you must have the relevant industry knowledge and experience and have completed 11 units from:
1) CPC30420 - Certificate III in Demolition and
2) CPC41020 - Certificate IV in Demolition
The 11 units you must study are:
- ‘Plan and prepare for activities on demolition sites’
- ‘Read and interpret plans and specifications’
- ‘Select and use small plant and equipment for demolition tasks’ (first you will need to do ‘Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry’)
- ‘Demolish small buildings and structures using hand tools and small plant equipment’
- ‘Identify hazards on demolition sites and apply risk management strategies’
- ‘Select and use tools and equipment for hot work in the demolition industry’
- ‘Manage demolition recyclable and waste materials using load shifting equipment’
- ‘Supervise individual activities on demolition sites’
- ‘Plan and supervise demolition work to minimise environmental and public health and safety impact’
- ‘Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction workplace’
- ‘Finalise demolition activities and supervise property handover’
QualifyMe is a professional RPL service faculty. I recommend this one if you’re still looking. One point from me is that it takes a bit time for the new searchers to find QualifyMe from google.
Have had an overall great experience with Qualify me which was made all the more pleasant with the help and guidance I received from Mischa Cunanan. Mischa was prompt and helpful when we engaged in both phone calls and email correspondence. I couldn’t be happier with my experience and I’m over the moon to have received my diploma as quickly as I did.
Thankyou Qualify Me!
Working with Janica has been such a wonderful experience. She has been so supportive every step of the way. She was always so quick to respond to emails or answer our calls. Her effort in reminding us to complete tasks on time and the constant support she provided was nothing short of excellence. I would highly recommend anyone wanting to get qualified to use this company! So happy with everything!