CPC31311 – Certificate III in Wall & Floor Tiling – RPL

28 May CPC31311 – Certificate III in Wall & Floor Tiling – RPL

If you have a wide range of experience as a tiler but haven’t completed your qualification for whatever reason, than you’re in the right place. Getting your tiling experience and skills converted into a nationally recognised qualification is simple, fast and headache free! We will help you attain the right qualification and subjects you need for your tiling contractor’s licence.

What's involved?

1. Free Skills Assessment

You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 2 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.

2. Evidence Portfolio
  • Valid Identification
  • list showing relevant employment history
  • work samples and documents (such as tender documents, invoices, quotations, plans, sketches etc)
  • letter of employment
  • reference letters from licensed tilers you have worked with
  • photos and videos of your work
  • overseas qualifications
  • related licenses, short courses, accreditation, certificates, transcripts or assessments you have attained
  • Apprenticeship papers (if available)
3. Skills Check
  1. You will be having a conversation covering questions for each unit with our qualified assessor
  2. The assessor may choose to also perform a practical observation.
  3. Where gap training is required, you will need to complete theory or practical assessments as required. Theory components can be completed from home and practical components can be completed at your work site.
4. Qualified!

All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!


Upon successful completion of this RPL Program you will be awarded a nationally recognised qualification in:

Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling



Scope of work

Wall and Floor Tiling work involves affixing of tiles for functional or decorative use on internal or external surfaces of buildings.

Qualifications required

CPC31311 Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling

Accessed 12/7/16 from: NSW Fair Trading Wall and Floor Tiling contractor’s licence


Scope of work

Cut and fix tile, including ceramic, glass, marble, slate, stone and terracotta tiles, to fireplaces, floors, hearths, spas, swimming pools and walls, constructing terrazzo floors, steps, risers and stringers, applying waterproofing for wall and floor tiling

Qualifications required

CPC31311 Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling

Plus approved managerial course

Accessed on 12/7/16 from: QBCC wall and floor tiling contractor’s licence


VBA Domestic restricted licence: Wall and Floor Tiling

 Scope of Work

This component of domestic building work is limited to tiling (floor and wall) work for homes and associated class 10 structures. It involves affixing tiles for functional or decorative use on internal or external surfaces of buildings and swimming pools, and waterproofing the tiling.

Qualification required

If you have successfully completed the following qualification, you will satisfy some of the technical knowledge required for Tiling (Floors and Walls) work:

  • CPC31311 Certificate III in Wall and floor tiling.

Experience required

You must have capacity to carry out, manage or arrange the following activities in a competent manner and to a professional standard:

  • preparing surfaces for tiling
  • setting out
  • undertaking basic levelling
  • applying waterproofing for internal wet areas as appropriate to the floor and wall tiling installation
  • electing appropriate materials and methods for fixing floor or wall tiles according to the application requirements (including selecting adhesives for a range of materials such as tone, porcelain and mosaic, type of substrate, expansion joints, caulking and flashing)
  • repairing wall and floor tiles.

Accessed 5/8/16 from: VBA Domestic Builder Wall and floor tiling 


Not available in this jurisdiction

Accessed 14/7/16 from: ACT all and floor tiling contractor’s licence

See ACT construction occupation licenses for latest listing of Canberra Licence


Not available in this jurisdiction.

Accessed 14/7/16 from: WA wall and floor tiling contractor’s licence


Scope of work

Includes waterproofing of wet areas, placement of screed, wall and floor tiling to bathrooms, WC, laundry, kitchen, living areas, verandahs and balconies.

Qualifications required

CPC31311 Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling

Accessed on 14/7/16 from: SA CBS wall and floor tiling contractor’s licence


Not available in this jurisdiction.

Accessed 14/7/16 from: TAS wall and floor tiling contractor’s Licence


Not available this jurisdiction.

Accessed 14/7/16 from: NT wall and floor tiling contractor’s licence

Can I apply?

This RPL and trade skills recognition program is available to tradesmen with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.

Ready to start?

What are you waiting for? Contact Us today. Free call: 1800 765 295

  • Sertac yasar
    Posted at 23:56h, 05 March Reply

    Hey there i want to do this i do have wide range of experiences what do i have to do exactly to get my licence?

    • Qualify Me!
      Posted at 23:12h, 07 March Reply


      We will be assessing your skills against the Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling. In summary we will be looking at your ability to:
      – manage your own small business including finances
      – plan and organise your work
      – read and interpret plans and specifications
      – apply basic levelling procedures
      – work safely including applying OHS requirements, policies and procedures
      – handle wall and floor tiling materials
      – use wall and floor tiling tools and equipment
      – prepare surfaces for tiling application
      – fix floor tiles
      – fix wall tiles
      – repair walls and floor tiles
      – carry out mosaic tiling
      – tile curved surfaces
      – apply waterproofing process to internal wet areas

      We will also look at your specific line of work and assess your skills in that area.

  • Quan van Dau
    Posted at 04:11h, 18 June Reply

    I want to have certificate 3 for tiling

    • Qualify Me!
      Posted at 04:33h, 19 June Reply

      Sure thing. A course advisor will contact you shortly to provide do a quick pre-eligibility check and provide you with all the info you need to get started.

  • Marcio Saltoratto
    Posted at 05:49h, 09 July Reply

    Hi there,

    I am interested to do the Certificate III in Wall & Floor Tiling.
    I am living in Sydney, but i am an overseas student, i would like to now more information such as prices and requirements for me start the course and aply my new visa.

    Thank you

    • Qualify Me!
      Posted at 00:41h, 23 October Reply

      Hi Marcio,

      Do you have any experience in Tiling? As this is an RPL program.

  • Eric
    Posted at 05:27h, 04 November Reply

    hi ,how can i prove my working experience to be a tiler? what kind of documents should I submit to see if i am eligible for the RPL if i did not have the Ciii Cert. ?

    • Qualify Me!
      Posted at 03:12h, 15 February Reply

      Hi Eric,

      I will have one of our course advisors contact you and run you through the process.

  • Stephen Ambrose
    Posted at 02:04h, 03 January Reply

    Hi there,Ambrose i would like to do certificate 3 in wall and floor tiling but where can i go for the course i lives in Queensland thanks

    • Qualify Me!
      Posted at 00:54h, 15 February Reply

      Hi Stephen,

      We offer an RPL program. Do you have experience in tiling under the supervision of a licensed tiler?

  • Enayat
    Posted at 01:53h, 23 January Reply

    Hi I have a lot experiences on tiling job and I have refrains of my Tiling’s job
    How should I apply for tiling licence?

    • Qualify Me!
      Posted at 06:06h, 31 January Reply

      Hi Enayat,
      Every state has different requirements for licensing. We will definitely support you with your licensing process. Let’s talk and discuss your options.

    Posted at 04:26h, 29 April Reply

    Hi there,

    I am interested to do the Certificate III in Wall & Floor Tiling.
    I am living in Sydney, but no any experience. but I want to change my career.

    let me know any more details

  • Dohwi JEONG
    Posted at 06:33h, 05 July Reply

    Hi. Ive been working as a tiler in Sydney around 2 years now.
    I have Bachelor degree of Architecture in South Korea. and worked in Korean construction company over 3 years as construction manager.
    Id like to have a floor and wall tiler contractor licence.

  • Jodh singh
    Posted at 12:38h, 11 September Reply

    I am live in Perth .I like to start floor Tiler course . What is timing of class . Cast .time period . Email me .at.

  • Abdul wali panahi
    Posted at 04:31h, 10 October Reply

    Hi there
    I have a lot of experience in wall and floor tiling about 6 years
    I would like apply for Certificate 3
    And l live Brisbane

  • Hao thanh mai
    Posted at 13:15h, 22 October Reply

    Hello!!! I have been in tiling 1 year and then I went for fishing! Now back to tiling again! So I would like to get a license of tiling!!!! I live in Brisbane!!

  • Huong Nguyen
    Posted at 05:30h, 03 November Reply

    Hello, Could you please to contact me ASAP to provide what should I do to get this certificate. My email is Thank you in advance.

  • Gilbert Dela Cruz
    Posted at 08:50h, 09 January Reply

    I am a tiler by trade and on a 457 visa. I would like to apply for a certificate 3. I live in Sydney. I am a fulltime employee of a reputable company. Please advise what’s the next step to take.

    • Qualify Me!
      Posted at 12:22h, 05 February Reply

      Hello gilbert, Next step would be for you to complete a RPL course you can use towards a license. If we haven’t already, we’ll give you a buzz.

  • Jack joo
    Posted at 08:31h, 25 January Reply

    Hi there,
    My name is Jack. I want to get tile license(wall and floor) within April.
    I had 5years experience in tiling and I live in Sydney.
    Please send me detailed process and price via email .

    • Qualify Me!
      Posted at 17:52h, 01 February Reply

      Will do Jack. Have a call to us, we’ll talk you through it. 1800 765 295

Post A Reply to Marcio Saltoratto Cancel Reply

Not what you're after? See all our qualifications:

This qualification is provided by our partner RTO. For more details click here.

Let's Get You Started

Supporting Breast Cancer Research