Approved Managerial Course for QBCC

13 Jul Approved Managerial Course for QBCC

Need to complete the QBCC approved managerial course required for your trade licence?

We’ve devised a simple a fast way to get yourself upskilled and ready to apply for your trade contractor licence in Queensland and/or South Australia. This distance learning program will enable you the opportunity to complete BSBSMB401 – Establish legal and risk management fast, at your own pace.

This program is a QBCC requirement to apply for the following trade contractor and fire protection licences.

This information was accessed from QBCC publicly available information and is accurate as of the time of writing.


Trade Contractors
Fire Protection

What's involved?

1. Free Skills Assessment

You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 2 years business experience, then you are likely to be eligible.

2. Evidence Portfolio
  • Valid Identification
  • Reference letters
  • Related licenses, short courses, accreditation, certificates, transcripts or assessments you have attained
3. Skills Check
  1. Complete a workbook
  2. The assessor may choose to have a competency conversation with you to validate your responses in the workbook.
  3. Where gap training is required, you will need to complete further theory assessments.
4. Qualified!

All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!


Upon successful completion of this RPL Program you will be awarded a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment in:

BSBSMB401 – Establish legal and risk management



This unit is a QBCC licensing qualification requirement for most trade licences and is required in addition to the successful completion of your trade qualification.

Can I apply?

This RPL and trade skills recognition program is available to tradesmen with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.

Ready to start?

What are you waiting for? Contact Us today. Free call: 1800 765 295

  • justin murray
    Posted at 09:51h, 12 June Reply

    Im at looking at license for possibly non structural metal and installation or structural metal and installation.
    I have been in the aluminum fabrication industry for approx 8 years. 4 years as a installer and 4 years as estimator/sales rep and job measuring and managing.
    What would be the best for me to move forward in obtaining my QBCC License.

  • Matthew
    Posted at 11:38h, 17 June Reply

    Please contact me, I would like to do the course.

    • Qualify Me!
      Posted at 02:10h, 20 June Reply

      Hi Matthew,

      We’re on it.

  • Tom
    Posted at 06:34h, 18 August Reply

    What qualifications are required for a supervisors licence

Post A Comment

Not what you're after? See all our qualifications:

This qualification is provided by our partner RTO. For more details click here.

Let's Get You Started

Supporting Breast Cancer Research