13 Jul Approved Managerial Course for QBCC
Need to complete the QBCC approved managerial course required for your trade licence?
We’ve devised a simple a fast way to get yourself upskilled and ready to apply for your trade contractor licence in Queensland and/or South Australia. This distance learning program will enable you the opportunity to complete BSBSMB401 – Establish legal and risk management fast, at your own pace.
This program is a QBCC requirement to apply for the following trade contractor and fire protection licences.
This information was accessed from QBCC publicly available information and is accurate as of the time of writing.
- Air Handling Duct Installation,
- Brick and Segmental Paving,
- Bricklaying and Blocklaying,
- Cabinet Making,
- Drainage – On-site Sewerage,
- Floor Finishing and Covering (Hard Sector),
- Foundation Work (Piling and Anchors),
- Glass, Glazing and Aluminium,
- Metal Fascias and Gutters,
- Non-Structural Metal Fabrication and Installation,
- Painting and Decorating,
- Plastering Drywall,
- Plastering Solid,
- Plumbing and Drainage
- Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Mechanical Services Including Limited Design,
- Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Mechanical Services Including Unlimited Design,
- Roof and Wall Cladding,
- Roof Tiling,
- Site Classifier,
- Sheds, Carports and Garages,
- Shopfitting (Trade),
- Steel Fixing,
- Structural Landscaping (Trade),
- Structural Metal Fabrication and Erection,
- Swimming Pool Construction, Installation and Maintenance,
- Termite Management – Chemical,
- Termite Management – Physical,
- Wall and Floor Tiling,
- Emergency Lighting,
- Emergency Procedures,
- Emergency Lighting,
- emergency Procedures,
- Fire Detection, Alarm and Warning Systems,
- Fire Hydrants and Hose Reels,
- Fire Pumps,
- Fire Safety Professional,
- Passive Fire Protection – Fire and Smoke Walls and Ceilings,
- Passive Fire Protection – Fire collars, Penetrations and Joint Sealing,
- Passive Fire Protection – Fire Doors and Shutters,
- Portable Fire Equipment and Hose Reels (Hose Reels Down Stream of Stop Cock ONLY),
- Special Hazard Suppression System, and
- Sprinkler and Suppression Systems (Reticulated Water Based).
1. Free Skills Assessment
You need to have valid industry experience in order to qualify for this RPL program. When you first touch base, we will help you identify your skills and advise on whether this qualification is right for you. As a rule of thumb if you have more than 2 years business experience, then you are likely to be eligible.
2. Evidence Portfolio
- Valid Identification
- Reference letters
- Related licenses, short courses, accreditation, certificates, transcripts or assessments you have attained
3. Skills Check
- Complete a workbook
- The assessor may choose to have a competency conversation with you to validate your responses in the workbook.
- Where gap training is required, you will need to complete further theory assessments.
All certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by a Qualify Me! partner college. Now you can grab that licence!
Upon successful completion of this RPL Program you will be awarded a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment in:
BSBSMB401 – Establish legal and risk management
This unit is a QBCC licensing qualification requirement for most trade licences and is required in addition to the successful completion of your trade qualification.
Can I apply?
This RPL and trade skills recognition program is available to tradesmen with local experience or local students that have completed partial studies in Australia. We also have programs to help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.