Wall & Ceiling Lining License

If you have a wide range of experience as a Wall & Ceiling Liner and want to get licensed, your licensing body may require you to complete a nationally recognised VET qualification through a registered training organisation. For many experienced tradies with on the job experience, Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) can be a faster option to achieve a nationally recognised qualification without the need of leaving your work. RPL focuses on assessing workplace evidence collected and skills demonstrated to achieve a certificate in Wall & Ceiling Lining so you can apply for Wall & Ceiling Lining license.

Get your RPL Qualification in

You need to have current and valid industry experience in order to qualify for an RPL program. It’s important to complete an initial skills assessment to determine whether an RPL program is right for you. As a rule of thumb depending on the type of work you hav completed, if you have more than 2 years experience in your field, then you are likely to be eligible.

Evidence may vary, but generally includes:

  • Valid Identification
  • list showing relevant employment history
  • work samples and documents (tender documents, invoices, quotations, plans, sketches etc)
  • letter of employment
  • reference letters from licensed painters you have worked with
  • photos and videos of your work
  • overseas qualifications
  • related licenses, short courses, accreditation, certificates, transcripts or assessments you have attained
  • Apprenticeship papers (if available)
  1. A qualified assessor will assess your skills and knowledge for each unit of competency.
  2. You may be asked by the assessor to perform various tasks for a practical observation at your work site.
  3. Where skills or knowledge gaps are identified, further assessment will be required.

It’s critical that your certificate is nationally recognised and you have completed the units required by your licensing body to be eligible to apply for your license.


Upon the successful completion of an RPL program through a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), the RTO will award you with a nationally recognised qualification as a Wall & Ceiling Liner.

Enquire Now

RPL & Skills Recognition

Turn your experience or overseas qualification into a nationally recognised qualification. Fill in any knowledge gaps with our easy & fast RPL Process. Once your skills are certified by a Qualify Me! partner provider, your career will fly.


Get Qualified In Weeks Not Years

No Study

No Classroom Study Required


Nationally Recognised Qualifications

Save $$$

Cost Effective Method of Attaining Your Qualification


Enhanced Career Opportunities

Make $$$

Make More Money With New Revenue Streams



Wall and Ceiling Lining work also known as Dry Plastering involves installation of fibrous plaster sheeting/boards or fibrous cement sheeting/boards, cornice, false and suspended ceilings (not including completed work that provides structural support). It does not include any external cladding works which is considered to be aligned with the carpentry and joinery trade


CPC31211 Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining

Accessed 12/7/16 from: NSW Fair Trading wall and ceiling lining contractor’s licence


Constructing and installing non-loadbearing partition wall frames and ceiling frames including fix plasterboard, plasterglass and fibre cement sheets and cornices, and finishing joints, constructing and installing non-loadbearing fire-rated walls and ceilings, autoclaved aerated masonry wall and ceiling systems, installing suspended ceiling systems, applying or installing waterproofing and damp-proofing for plastering drywall


CPC31211 Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining

Plus approved managerial course

Accessed on 12/7/16 from: QBCC wall and ceiling lining contractor’s licence

Not available in this jurisdiction

Accessed 14/7/16 from: VIC wall and ceiling lining contractor’s licence

If you have successfully completed the following qualification, you will satisfy some of the technical knowledge required for Insulation work:

CPC31211 Certificate in Wall and Ceiling lining, including the units of competency:

  • CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
  • CPCCPB3014A Install batt insulation products
  • CPCCPB3015A Install acoustic and thermal environmental protection systems
  • CPCCPB3027A Install ceiling insulation
  • CPCPMS3032A Select and fit insulation and sheathing.


Fixing and flushing of plasterboard and other types of lining sheets, cornices, suspended ceilings and fire walls in commercial and residential buildings. Includes the construction of non- structural wall frames and installation of insulation in walls and ceilings


CPC31211 Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining

Accessed on 14/7/16 from: SA CBS building work contractor’s licence

Not available  in this jurisdiction

Accessed 14/7/16 from: ACT wall and ceiling lining contravtor’s licence

See ACT construction occupation licenses for latest listing of Canberra Licence

Not available in this jurisdiction.

Accessed 14/7/16 from: WA wall and celining lining contractor’s licence

Not available in this jurisdiction.

Accessed 14/7/16 from: NT wall and ceiling lining contractor’s licence


Not available in this jurisdiction.

Accessed 14/7/16 from: TAS wall and ceiling lining contractor’s licence

How our customers rated our service

Can I Apply?

The RPL and trade skills recognition programs are available to tradesmen with local experience or have completed partial studies in Australia. In some cases these programs can also help migrants fast-track their qualifications providing they have relevant experience, qualifications and well aware of the Australian standards and requirements.


Ready to Start?

What are you waiting for? If you want to learn more about RPL & Skills Recognition, call us today. Fill the form below or call us on 1800 765 295
Scroll to Top