To be granted an Australian Recognised Trade Certificate (ARTC), you must be able to demonstrate that you:
- are an Australian permanent resident or citizen, hold a New Zealand Passport, or hold a visa that allows you to temporarily reside and work in your trade in Australia
- reside in Australia
- have sufficient English language skills to perform the work of the trade safely in Australia
- have sufficient training and experience to meet the requirements of the Criteria and Guidelines and the Tradespersons' Rights Regulation Act 1946 (the Act).
- have completed the requirements of the Offshore Technical Skills Record (OTSR) if one has been issued to you
- have undertaken all steps in the assessment process including, where applicable, a technical interview, trade test or other action requested by a LC
- are currently capable of performing the work of your trade in Australia.
Once you have your TRC visit a your local Qualify Me! office and they will put you in the right direction to get qualified fast!