• All Industries
  • Aged Care Disability
  • Automotive
  • Bricklaying / Blocklaying
  • Building & Construction
  • Carpentry & Joinery
  • Childcare & Education
  • Community Service
  • Concreting
  • Engineering
  • Health & Beauty
  • Horticulture
  • Hospitality and Tourism
  • Kitchen, Bathroom & Laundry Renovation
  • Landscape Construction
  • Other Trade Courses
  • Painting & Decorating
  • Plumbing
  • Roof Tiling
  • Short Courses
  • Wall & Ceiling Lining
  • Wall & Floor Tiling
  • Waterproofing
  • White Collar Courses
Let qualify me, qualify you
Let qualify me, qualify you
Qualify Me Sydney Trades Qualification

Trades Recognition Australia : Trades Recognition Australia & NSW Electrician licence

Trades Recognition Australia : Trades Recognition Australia (TRA) is a skills assessment service provider specialising in assessments for people with trade skills gained overseas or in Australia, for the purpose of migration and skills recognition. Electricians that are not Australian citizens will need to attain a Trade Recognition Certificate from TRA in order to be eligible to join one of our courses and finalise their qualification requirements for a licence.

To be granted an Australian Recognised Trade Certificate (ARTC), you must be able to demonstrate that you:

  • are an Australian permanent resident or citizen, hold a New Zealand Passport, or hold a visa that allows you to temporarily reside and work in your trade in Australia
  • reside in Australia
  • have sufficient English language skills to perform the work of the trade safely in Australia
  • have sufficient training and experience to meet the requirements of the Criteria and Guidelines and the Tradespersons' Rights Regulation Act 1946 (the Act).
  • have completed the requirements of the Offshore Technical Skills Record (OTSR) if one has been issued to you
  • have undertaken all steps in the assessment process including, where applicable, a technical interview, trade test or other action requested by a LC
  • are currently capable of performing the work of your trade in Australia.

Once you have your TRC visit a your local Qualify Me! office and they will put you in the right direction to get qualified fast!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

8 comments on “Trades Recognition Australia : Trades Recognition Australia & NSW Electrician licence”

  1. Thanks, followed through and finally got my TRC. I've left my details on your call back system - hope to hear from you soon so I can get started.

    1. Hi Ray,

      Thanks for the comment. I can see our team touched base with you earlier today.
      Best of luck!

  2. Hi I'm moving to Australia in April and I'm a qualified electrician and instrumentation technician and I want to get my trade recognised there.

  3. I am an electrical maintenance engineer from Liverpool looking to move to Australia. I completed a 4 year apprentice in electrical engineering, qualified level 3 NVQ in performing electrical operations, BTEC level 3 and HNC level 4 in electrical engineering with 5 years post experience apprenticeship. How do I go about getting this qualifications recognised so I can work when I move to Australia for a year?